Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday at the Beach!

We were up bright and early this morning so we could go to the famous restaurant The Donut Hole!!

I have been a few times before and was so excited for the rest of my family to enjoy it too!
They did not disappoint us! We had enough food to feed an army and we all left STUFFED!!

Max enjoyed his "baby donuts!!" even if he doesn't really look that happy here...LOL

We headed out to the beach right after breakfast to enjoy another long beach day!! Nana and Pawpaw skipped out and went shopping so it was just the Lawson family today!

The water was BEAUTIFUL!! There was absolutely NO SEAWEED and it was very calm!! You could see all the fish swimming around which Max LOVED!

I mean seriously check out that beautiful water!! The kids really did enjoy the beach today. I was so glad that we had a really calm water day!

I thought Emery might like the water more today

and she did at first....she took off crawling for it....

but then her hands starting sinking in and she got salt water on her face....

my little drama queen!! I just LOVE it! She does NOT like salt water in her mouth but I mean who does...

No worries...Daddy rescued her and went and sat in the shade with her!!

How stinking cute are they?!!

Max and I had a great ole time building sand castles and throwing the little seahorse back and forth in the ocean! I even pulled him around on a little boogie board in the ocean and he loved that too!

Craig wanted Max to bury him and Max was all for it at first...but then he got too hot and wanted to go back in the ocean. So I think that lasted all of about 2 minutes!

We headed back to the house around lunchtime to have a snack/light lunch as Craig and I were still pretty FULL from breakfast. The kids however devoured some food!! After lunch we headed out to the pool for a bit before coming back in for some much needed nap/rest time!

Check out those sweet baby curls!!

We went to an early dinner at THE BACK PORCH (one of my favs) so that we could get some family beach pics after. It was def one of our favorite dinners of the week!! My parents LOVED it!

Emery was so good most of the time except she was hollering for food! It was pretty funny! The waitress ended up bringing us crackers and mandarin oranges because I forgot to bring her any snacks!! BAD MOMMA!!!

Max passed out on the way to the restaurant because he refused to take any naps all week and I think it all caught up with him. Plus we spent alot of time at the beach and pool today.

Pic out of order...but what a beautiful little girl in blue!! She looks so sweet and innocent.....

Back to Max...Craig held him for a while and then I thought if we sat him down he would wake up...WRONG...he just fell right over into my lap and stayed asleep! Talk about one TIRED boy!!! We left him like this until dinner came because to be honest when he gets woken up he usually isn't in the best spirits...

Me and my lil princess!!!

So sad that our trip is coming to an end...but at least we are making the MOST of it!!


No comments: