Saturday, August 27, 2011

Emery's Actual 1st Birthday (part 2)

Our plans were to meet Nana and Pawpaw at Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner (since I had to work...boo hoo) but they surprised us before hand with some balloons for the birthday girl!!

And one for big brother too!! A blue balloon with the #8!! Two of Max's favorite things!! He was SO EXCITED!!!
Emery LOVED her balloons as well. It was so sweet for my parents to do that. My mom knew how emotional I was about it being Emery's FIRST birthday and how I felt like it just wasn't really that special. Leave it to my mom to add that special touch. Thank you Nana and Pawpaw!! We are so blessed to have you!!

Sitting pretty!

I had Max help me pick out a little gift for Emery to open on her actual birthday. I think Emery was actually a little bit scared of the package. Ha!

She was very timid and shy to open it. Max decided he should help her out. Emery was totally fine with just leaving it in the bag.

But once big brother got it out and showed her what it was she was ALL about it!

She was having a BALL with it!

And big brother too!

Then it was off to dinner!

Can we say YUMMY!!! Emery was tearing up some rolls
as soon as we got there! Can you say lil DIVA?!

Family shot! Yes..we were all there including Nana and Pawpaw!!

After dinner we headed back to the house to have some birthday cake!

First stop was her rocking chair to get a few 1yr shots ! She was acting crazy. She was up and down and all over that chair. I did get a few cute ones thanks to Daddy and Nana getting her attention for the camera!

Time for cake!! Max and I whipped this strawberry cake up while Emery was napping!

Emery stuck her hand right in it! She put her fingers to her mouth and was saying "mmmm"!

Check out her face...she was so excited to see that cake coming to her!!

But she was a little overwhelmed by us all singing Happy Birthday to her. She didn't start eating the cake till we were done...or maybe we are just bad singers and we were scaring her...LOL

She was ALL about the cake though!!

I wanted to wait to see her with cake for the first time at her bday party but I just couldn't let her NOT having any cake on her actual birthday. I know I have said this a few times already but I honestly cannot believe my lil girl is ONE!! Shortly, after the cake I had to head to work :( and yes I shed a few tears on the way in. I was so sad to have to leave the family after such a wonderful day together. At least I get to look forward to spending most of the next weekend together as I am off Saturday night for her birthday party!! Yea!!!


No comments: