Friday, August 5, 2011

Emery got TUBES!!

We left the house at 6:20 this morning to head to LeBoheur Surgery Center!! Nana met us there to check on baby girl and to help out with Max since he wanted to go with us. We were suppose to be there at 6:45. Emery was the first PE tube case for Dr. Naidu so things went pretty smooth the entire time.

Family shot before surgery! Max was still half asleep in this pic! They got the ball rolling pretty quick. We went back to get dressed first!
Emery was such a good lil patient letting Mommy get her changed until...

They wanted to weigh her.... she wasn't so sure about this

A little light toy and things were ALL better...LOL

Emery and her faces!! LOL She didn't want me taking pics of her...she wanted me holding her!

The nurse came in to get her blood pressure and Emery did SO WELL! I was quite impressed that she didn't scream the entire time!

Emery and me before surgery!

We stopped in the "bunny tunnel" and grabbed a toy before she headed off to surgery. Emery really didn't care about any of them. I showed her a little baby doll and she started smiling at it so we grabbed that for her.

And off she went...she didn't start crying till a few minutes after they went back :( I wanted to go back and grab her!

It only took like 20 min tops and we had our little girl back in our arms! She was SCREAMING when she came back to recovery. They quickly came and got us and told us that she wanted her momma! I held her for a while and feed her some then gave Daddy the chance to give her some loving too!

Craig and Nana headed back to work while the kids and I headed home. Emery fell fast asleep in the car on the way home. Unfortunately she woke as we got home. She seemed pretty happy and ready to eat breakfast. Except after she was done eating....

This is what she did for HOURS!!! Dumb anesthesia!! The doc said she would probably take a 2-4hr nap. NOT EMERY! She took a 15min nap on the way home and then I finally got her to sleep in my arms for like 30 min. She wold have slept longer but her sweet little brother starting screaming because I wouldn't get up and play with him! FUN TIMES!! It was an extremely LONG day because Max was exhausted too so he wasn't in the best of moods. There were lots of tears from Emery, Max and Me :( but we made it through. I just told Craig that NEVER again was he allowed to leave me when one of the kids had ANYTHING done! LOL

No comments: