Friday, August 19, 2011

Last day at the Beach!

So our last day at the beach we decided to go and try out the Aquarium.

We started out with the seal lion show! The kids were really into it. I honestly was so surprised how much Emery watched it!
Sitting pretty!

I mean it was pretty entertaining!

Max's favorite part of course had to do with a soccer ball! Ha!

Max and Em watching the sea otters!

This was called a touching pool. There were different fish and sea creatures that you could reach in and touch. Max was going for all the little blue fish!

Then we met Sam the bird who was talking to us...I mean really why are their BIRDS at an aquarium?! I am just saying....

Max wanted to touch the turtle but once we got over there he decided he didn't want to.

It was quite HOT so we just had to get an ICEE to share...blue of course!!!

Max was very good about SHARING with his sister! It was pretty stinking cute and Emery LOVED it!!

We had a little time before the dolphin show so we went inside to check out the aquarium....

well...it wasn't much...one small room with some smaller tanks and then a big wall tank on the back wall. The kids LOVED it but I was quite surprised that there wasn't much to see inside.

Emery and Max loved watching all the fish swim by.

Emery kept banging on the glass and laughing. We got some really cute video of it!

Off to the dolphin show!!

It was my favorite part of the day...

Amazing what those trainers can do!!

Emery was quite entertained by it all as Max was entertained jumping back and forth between the stairs! Ha!

We went to a few more shows and then headed out. It wasn't the nicest or biggest aquarium I have been to but it was fun and the kids enjoyed it. And hey it opened back in the 1950s and FLIPPER was trained here so now we can say we have been to a famous aquarium. LOL



Max wanted to go to the pool after we got back home so we put Emery and Pawpaw down for a nap and the rest of us went swimming. Max had met a friend at the pool on Thursday that showed him how to "swim" and he wanted to show Nana all about it!! Basically, she showed him how to go under water and kick his feet. But hey you gotta start somewhere!! I was really proud of him!!

And I think Max really enjoyed his one on one time with Daddy, Nana, and Mommy!!

When Emery got up from her nap Craig and I took her back to the beach because I wanted to get her footprint..can't believe I almost forgot.

She really didn't want any part of it hence why her feet are so spread apart! Poor girl was

O-V-E-R the beach!!

How cute are those little sandy toes!!

My sweet baby girl! I took her down to the beach to get her rinsed off but couldn't as the waters were a somewhat rough and very sandy (little did I know that hurricanes were headed our way)!! Ugh! Glad we didn't come back to play at the beach today!

So sad to say goodbye to the beach but it truly has been such a wonderful vacation that we will always treasure and look back on. It was a much needed trip for our family to relax and just ENJOY each other. Sometimes you just get so wrapped up in the everyday tasks that it is nice to have things at a SLOWER pace so that you can enjoy the "little" things!! I can't think of a better place to do that then the beach! Already looking forward to next year!!


No comments: