Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lil Miss is SICK :(

We got back from the beach Sat Sept 22nd and that night Emery started having fever. She had a slight cough but nothing more than that. Well I stuck her in my bed because she seemed to be breathing funny. She flipped and flopped all over my bed ALL night!! So neither one of us got any sleep really and she progressively got worse as the night went. 
She finally passed out for about 2 hours laying like this. Poor baby couldn't breath. She was using her accessory muscles to breathe and was nasal flaring. So off to the ER we went!!We got there about 8am Sunday morning and they took us right back! Emery walked right in like she knew just what to do!
When we got in the room we put her on the bed and put the side rails up. She started saying "Hey, I wanna git outta here!" It was so cute!! 
The nurse came in and did her assessment and told us we needed to put a gown on her. Well that lasted all of two minutes. Emery wanted NOTHING to do with the hospital gown. Oh well...who needs a gown anyways! Nana found some band-aids in her purse and that entertained Em for a while. Thanks Nana for coming with us!!
Looking pitiful!! We went back for a chest x-ray (which was NOT Emery's favorite) and shortly after the doc came in and said she had pneumonia in the right lung and bronchitis in the left. Oh man!! I thought we were done with that mess :( I kind of figured something was going on since her breathing was fast and she was just having such a difficult time breathing. 
The nurse came back in and had to give her a shot of Rocephin and Steroids. Then she came back with a little pony for her since she had to get a shot! Emery LOVED it!! That is her first my little pony!!
Brushing her hair!! Horse's hair got a little trim after we got home ;)
Doc wanted her on oral antibiotics too so we headed to Target to pick up her script and get a few treats for being such a BIG girl!! Emery picked out some suckers, mini mms for her and bubba, and a baby kitty. We had to watch her closely as the fear was she could get worse and end up in the hospital. One of our main problems is she doesn't like to cough. She likes to hold them in so we think this is why we have ended up in like this. So nurse gave me some pointers...make her laugh, make her cry, scare her, etc to get her to cough or just cry to make her clear her lungs. Oh joy....joy....
I went to work that night and just prayed for the best. Emery had a decent night but of course on Monday I couldn't send her to school. So it was just her and me to tough it out till naptime. We did some grocery shopping to restock the house since we had been gone on vacay. Emery was sneaky and got into the doughnuts ;) She was definitely feeling a little better today!!
Em and I picked Max up from school early so that we could get home and do a little nap time. Well, when we got home I let them play for a little bit and then chaos broke lose. Max and Em were acting horrible so I sent Max to the couch to rest while I put Emery down. It took me about 20 min to rock Em to sleep and when I came out Max was passed out!!
I couldn't believe it! I guess he was tired from our vacay and then being in school after he missed all last week. Not sure but I took it as a little blessing from God. I got a nice little hour and half nap when I thought I wasn't going to get anything all day!
All propped up....poor thing couldn't breath laying down!! :(

No comments: