Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Carving our pumpkin!

Saturday morning Max's soccer game was cancelled :( so we took the opportunity to go and find a BIG pumpkin and carve it!!
We found a simi good one at Walmart! Can't beat 4 bucks for this baby!! Kids were very excited to get started!! First we gave the pumpkin a little bath because he was very dirty!! 
Then we cut off the top! Max keep saying "Oh I am ready!!" 
Getting the goop out!! Max and Emery went right away at it....
then Emery decided to watch the boys....she said "Yucky!"
Sweet smiles!! 
Max didn't mind at all!! He was all about helping Daddy clean out the inside!!

We couldn't decide on a picture in our carving book so the kids and I made our own face. It was similar to a face in the book but we didn't want it to be scary.
Max was giddy with excitement!! He just keep giggling and saying "Oh I am so happy! and Oh this is my favorite thing ever!!" He was cracking me up!!
The kids loved popping out the part that I just cut out. They took turns. Emery popped out the nose and she kept running around saying "I got the punkin's nose!!" Ha ha ha ha! She thought it was hilarious!!
When we got done we took it inside and put a candle in it in the laundry room so the kids could see what our pumpkin would look like. They were screaming!! They LOVED it!! So cute how little things make the kids so excited!! ;)
Our little kitty cat pumpkin. He needs some black ears and I think he would look like one....
It was fun to do together as a family!! So blessed to be able to share time and soak up all these memories. 

No comments: