Without going into too many details our first day didn't start out so great. At 5am I woke to Emery crying because she had rolled over into someone's sickness. I got her and me cleaned up and then we only had a portion of the bed to sleep on hence why they are all so cuddled up!!
Emery LOVED being able to sleep by her bubba!! Love how they are all cuddled up!! So sweet!
We headed down to eat some free breakfast before getting back on the road!!
However, Emery didn't eat much and within about an hr she was getting sick all over herself and her carseat! Soo sad!! I really thought at that moment in time a stomach virus had hit our family :(
We were on two lane roads with no where to stop so I had to do some cleaning magic with baby wipes and hand sanitizer. Gotta do what you gotta do...Emery thought it was hilarious for me to clean her and strip off her clothes while we were driving. I mean seriously does that look like a face that just got sick?! She got sick a second time so I wrapped her up in paper towels in case it struck again....
Sweet girl wasn't feeling that great after the second time. She kept asking to eat so I gave her one cheese it every 10 min or so. She kept them down and after 2 hrs of dealing with the smell of puke...
WE MADE IT!!!! It was such a wonderful feeling to get out of the car and see this beautiful home we were staying in for a week!! So so blessed!!
The kids were so excited to be out of the car too!! They were running around and checking everything out! Then we got everything unpacked, Emery and I got cleaned up and Mom and I headed out to grab some lunch. We ended up with Subway. We were taking it light since we weren't sure if a stomach virus was going to hit all of us. Thankfully it didn't and we chopped it up to motion sickness because Emery was fine the rest of the day and no one else got sick the rest of the week!! We were praying HARD all week!! God answered our prayers!!
The kids didn't really eat much lunch but they enjoyed playing, coloring, and running around while we ate and got ready for the beach!
Then we made our 3 min walk to the beach for the first time!! It was a straight shot right out of our home. It was so nice!! We weren't right on the beach like we would have liked but it was close enough!!
Max took off down the boardwalk!! He was so excited to get to the water!!
Emery was cautious and honestly just no sure about any of it.
Max went straight out to the water! I was so proud of him! Last year he was so unsure of the water part. I think swim lessons and lots of pool time have paid off because he just isn't scared anymore!!
He was running and jumping the waves like he had done it a thousand times!! He was laughing and just having a great time!! It was so wonderful to watch him!! Sitting back and seeing life through the eyes of a child can be so rewarding!!
Emery walked very slow to the water and actually the first time she ran back from it when the water was coming at her. She just wasn't sure about any of it. She didn't really like that the wet sand was staying on her either. She would try to rinse it off and then realize it was still there. LOL
After watching bubba for a bit she decided she would go further in the water. She did enjoy it a bit. But she was quick to tell us "All done with this!" My little diva!!
We only stayed at the beach for about 45 minutes and then headed up to the pool for a little bit. I really was still worried that Emery could have a bug and I didn't want her out in the sun too much. Plus we wanted to go and pick up some food so we could watch the TN vs FL game!!
We decided to eat in just in case we had any sickness going on and it would be more fun to hang out, eat, and watch the VOLS play!!
The kids were pumped for the game!! They love watching Nana, Pawpaw, Mommy, and Daddy all yell and scream at a TV. LOL
Enjoying some party foods!! Gotta love Emery's "smile" for the camera!! Such a mess!!
The game wasn't too fun to watch as we were ripped apart by the gaters in the second half :( but it was great to be at the beach and with family anyways!!
Little Tiffany wouldn't eat her dinner so Emery hand fed her!! We are staying with 2 spoiled rotten doggies and 2 spoiled rotten kids!! Fun times!!
At bedtime we decided to nix the pack-n-play and just push the beds together in the kids room. It took Emery a min to calm down but once she did all three of my babies PASSED out!! I was laying between Max and Emery but I got up to go to my bed and just had to snap a picture!! Love my sweet family!!
First day was a SUCCESS!! We didn't have any more illness and it ended up being a great day!! Now get ready for lots and lots of beach pictures!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment