Thursday, September 20, 2012

Back to the doctor we go...

When we woke up thurs (Aug 30th) Emery was COVERED in a rash. I wasn't sure if it had to do with her infection or a reaction to her new antibiotic....so off to the doctor we went AGAIN! We dropped Max at school and then headed straight there.

Dr. C came and and said "Oh My!" She has erythema multiforme. Ugh! Doc said it was related to the infection(maybe mycoplasma) that caused the bronchitis. Which by the way was just beginning because Wed night was rough with Em. She was coughing like crazy and her breathing was all over the place. It was slightly scary :( We ruled out pneumonia because Em never had any fever.
I was scared it was caused by the antibiotic because that is a cause of erythema multiforme too. However, Dr. C said that was more rare than the myoplasm infection that she thought was the culprit. Poor baby was covered in this rash. Dr. C put her on high dose steroids for 5 days which sent us back to Target to get another med! It took about an hour for them to fill this! Ugh!!

After Target we ran to Sams to get a few things as today was suppose to be my all day running errands day while kids were at school. I had so much to do to plan for Em's bday party on Sat so we made a quick Sams run before picking Max up at school early. Dr. C said Em WAS NOT contagious but boy we had some crazy looks being out and about. I let Emery pick out a baby and a movie for all that she had to go through lately. I know I know she is a little spoiled :)

I was worried with starting high dose steroids that Emery wouldn't nap. I figured she would be all over the place, cranky, and hungry....but day one was okay. Emery passed out after I rocked her a while. I think with all the coughing and being up the night before it got to her :(
That afternoon her rash was completely gone. PTL!! Steroids and Benadryl did the trick. Emery was in a great mood too!!
Sucker time!! Kids got these BIG ol suckers at Chuckie Cheese the day before with their tickets.
They were so EXCITED to finally get to eat them!!
That night I gave Emery her antibiotic at 6 pm and by 10 the rash was coming back full force :( I did lots of research on the erythema multiforme throughout the day and found out that an antibiotic can cause this to happen so then it was a waiting game to be able to call the doctor in the am!

No comments: