Tuesday, September 25, 2012

last few days...

The last few days...meaning the last few before we left for the BEACH!! That would be Monday Sept. 10-13th. On Monday kids had school and that afternoon Max had his FIRST soccer practice!!
He was PUMPED to be back playing again!! However, very disappointed that a lot of our friends from last season weren't playing or didn't get put on our team. We were really missing our best buddie NOAH tonight!! I still can't believe they put Noah on a different team (but that is a WHOLE other story) :(

Most of the team was there and they had a big time playing together. Coach Grant divided them up and had them play against each other for the last 20 min. Maroon team (Max's team) were all over that field!! They scored quite a few goals with my friend Kristen's boy Liam tearing it up!! That boy is GOOD!! 
Max SCORING a goal!! They did some practice drills at the very end!! Can't wait to see his FIRST game of this season!!
On Tuesday Max had school so Emery and I ran a few errands and then started packing and making lists of what I needed for the trip!! Then that night we had another kickball game!! It was so so much fun but I got my first injury!! I tore my quad muscle and let me tell you it H-U-R-T!! Thankfully one of our teammates gave me a great regimen to get me healing quick!! Ace bandage and ICE!! It worked like a charm!!
On Wednesday (Sept. 12th) the kids and I headed to the zoo!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! We decided to venture out to different parts of the zoo that we don't usually see like the koi pond and the snake house where we got to meet and greet with a snake out in the open!!

Headed over to the Once Upon a Farm next...
Kids had fun playing in the broken eggs for a while!!
Cute one together!!

We got a look at the monkeys, cats, meer kats, and a few other things. Most interesting was the gorillas. There was an old zoo keeper that was standing over by them and the male gorilla didn't like her very much. I had a little chat with her and she was explaining that the gorilla has always had a problem with her so they told her to try and come over to him and show him that she was submissive. However, during our little chat the gorilla got very upset. He rared back and charged and HIT the glass window!! It was quite scary!! Made all of us scream!! Then the gorilla picked up his poop and starting throwing it at us!! YUCKY!! So glad there was some very STRONG glass between us and that gorilla!! 
On Thursday the kids had school and I spent the day CLEANING, CLEANING, CLEANING!! I got everything cleaned, all the laundry done, and even embroidered one shirt for Emery for Halloween!! Then I went and picked the kids up and we ran a few places getting our last minute things before heading out the next day!!!

No comments: