Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tue and Wed...(Aug. 28th and 29th)

On Tuesday (Aug 28th)....(I told you I was way behind on the blog)...anyways...we dropped Max off at school and Em and I headed to my friend Tracy's house to work on her and Crawfords Birthday party banner! We stayed there for a few hours and got a lot done!! Then I took Em to do something FUN since she was such a good girl!! First stop was Home Goods!! It just opened so I just had to stop in and check it out! Em found this adorable little doll. She kept calling it a blue mermaid and still does for that matter. I think she got it from the Blue Mermaid Team Umizoomi show that she loves.
Next stop was the mall to have a little carousel ride and grab a bday present for a friend at the Disney store!
Emery has a new love of riding the carousel ever since we tried it out at the zoo a few days ago. She just laughs and sings the entire time!
At the Disney store Emery was going CRAZY loving on anything and everything princess and Minnie!!
Miss Independent wanted to carry the gift by herself!! She just CRACKS me up sometimes!! After the mall we headed to pick Max up from school. We pick him up early on Tues so that we can go home and do rest time and naps. Well...when I can get Em to nap...that is a whole other story....sigh....
I honestly have no idea what we did after we picked Max up or that night really...but I do remember...After bath time they jumped up on the ottoman together to watch Mike the Knight! So cute!! Love that they are really becoming good friends these days!!
On Wednesday (Aug 29th) we had Emery's 2 year checkup at 11 so we had a slow laid back morning. Then ran by Walmart on the way so that I could grab a few essentials we needed. Emery acted like a maniac and I was slightly stressed before heading to the doc....

Thankfully we didn't have to wait long for Dr. C. But the few minutes we did the kids had fun drawing on the chalk boards!

We got measured first!! Weight 26 lbs. Height 33 1/2. She is ranging in the 25-50 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for height! Dr. C said long and lanky just like she likes it. Not sure where she is getting the lanky from...LOL

We had to wait a bit for Dr. C to come in so we decided to draw on the paper on the table. Anything to keep kids occupied at a doc office....
Dr. C and a NP that was following her came in to check Emery out. Everything looked great except her chest :( Dr. C heard a little rattle in her chest. She said Em either had bronchitis or pneumonia. WHAT!? The crazy thing is she hasn't really been sick. No runny nose or fever. She has had a slight cough and a recent ear infection (which was way better!!! PTL!!!) Can't believe I missed this on my lil girl!!! Dr. C said she wanted to check her blood count so we ran out to grab a sticker while we waited for the nurse.

Emery was in pretty good spirits after she got her sticker!! Love how she is checking herself out in the mirror here!

The nurse came in and pricked her finger. Emery didn't cry during any of it but started crying after because she didn't want the "andaid" on her finger!! Silly girl!! Dr. C came back to let me know that her counts were ok but definitely showed she had some infection brewing. Sadness!
We headed to Target after to pick up a new antibiotic for Em. It was lunch time by this point so we grabbed some Mickey heads that had cheese, apples, and pretzels for lunch and of course an icee too!! We had to wait about 30 minutes for them to fill Em's med.

Since the kids were SO GOOD in the doc's office and Target we went to Chuckie Cheese for a quick trip. I let them have $5 dollars for coins. I think it lasted about 20 minutes ;)
But it was worth it. Kids had fun running around and playing. Getting some of that cooped up energy out!
Emery's favorite part is the TICKETS!! She gets so excited when they come out of machines!! She screams "Tickets!!!" So wish you could see her entire expression here!
We headed home after to get a little nap time on!! Max rested on the couch while Em rested in her bed. She did actually nap today!! While Em was still sleeping Max asked me to play games on the computer. I sat with him doing Starfall for a bit and then had to get up to do something. I came back and found him doing it ALL by himself!! I couldn't believe it! He is getting so BIG!! Makes me so sad he doesn't really need me to help him with the big computer any more :(
Oh why oh why do they have to grow so fast!! We are at the beach right now and I am soaking up all this one on one time with no restrictions! No extra curricular activities, no school, no work, you know all the other stuff you don't have to do when you are on vacay. Feeling so blessed to be able to have this time with my children and when they are resting/sleeping I have time to get this blog back up to date!! We honestly have had so much going on with birthdays, soccer starting back, school, sickness, more sickness, preparing for our vacay, work, etc that the blog has been on the back burner. Kind of sad because then I forget to blog about some great things...

No comments: