Thursday, September 13, 2012

Zoo with Mommy!

So BEHIND on the blog...forgive me as I get caught up....
Max, Emery and I took went to the zoo just the three of us on Wednesday Aug. 22nd.
It really was the first time for just us to go that I can think of. We had a GREAT time! Not to say we don' t have an awesome time with our friends but...
Max got to be the map reader and navigate us to where they wanted to go!! It really was very laid back and we just saw a lot more of the zoo that we don't normally see or take in because we go in groups.
And the kids were so WELL BEHAVED!! I have to brag a minute because I just couldn't believe how good they were for me!!

And for that I treated them to a ride on the carousel!! The kids really don't like to ride on things usually but both of them asked to ride so I obliged. They LOVED it!! Notice Max still holding the map ;)

Got a last trip in to the Birds and Bees exhibit as it is about to close down for the year.

Max just LOVES being able to feed the birds!! Emery NOT so much. She just took it all in and really didn't want much to do with the birds getting so close to her!

Max was cracking me up talking to them!! It was really cute!!
I got rid of my double stroller a while back because I felt like I was always dragging it around with one or NO kids in it. So...without the distraction of other friends Max realized that his legs were tired. Thankfully Emery and Max shared the stroller!! Like I said they were so GOOD!! Max held onto her and kept asking Emery if she was okay. Such a good big brother!!
We got to the polar bears just in time for feeding!! It was amazing watching him swim all over and get the fish!! The kids were in awe!
We sat for the sea lion show and had a little snack and then headed out to see a few more animals!
We definitely had a wonderful time!! Can't wait to enjoy the zoo as the weather gets cooler!!

No comments: