Saturday, February 11, 2012

Working on our letters...

Max hasn't really learned how to write his letters yet...nor has he shown much interest in writing. He tells me that writing letters is TOO hard and he just doesn't want to do it. Well, Thursday when I picked him up at school the teacher informed me that Max didn't want to write letters during class. Ms Kim asked him what would help him to write his letters and he said "well, maybe a blue marker" LOL She said she had given him a purple one so once she switched the markers out he wrote his letters with her help.

Anyways...they sent a worksheet home for Max to practice. We did some crafts and then leaded into working on our letters this morning. Emery and I got excited everytime Max wrote one. So we basically just cheered him on through the worksheet. (and just for all of you out there that is looking at how Max is holding the marker...I know...I know...we need to work on that too)
He ended up doing a pretty good job. He even threw an A in there (oops!) which I had no idea he knew how to draw! Way to go Max!!

Emery was coloring in a colorwonder book. She LOVED it!!

I guess I haven't really done much in the way of crafts and coloring with her just yet. Now to go buy some girly coloring stuff ;)

Just having a little fun on a Saturday morning. Thinking of planning some structured craft time during the week with the kiddos now that Emery is bigger and actually seems interested! Fun times!!!


No comments: