Friday, February 3, 2012

Emery and her boot :(

I haven't updated much on Emery's right foot since the beginning of Jan. I have just been watching it really. However, this past Tuesday it decided to swell up pretty bad again. So..I wasn't sure where to take her peds office or just go to ortho. I had Max a peds visit for Thursday am so I just had Dr. Christian take a peak then. She sent us straight to Campbell's Clinic (which is an ortho clinic).

Our wonderful peds office got us an appointment at 9:30. We saw Dr. Warner and he didn't like what he saw. Especially since it had been a month since the accident happened! He sent us to x-ray first off. There were no obvious breaks or fractures which made Dr. Warner believe that it could be a hair line fracture or stress fracture that would only be seen on an MRI. So he opted to do a walking boot for 2 weeks and see if her foot looks any better.
If at the end of two weeks it looks the same or worse then Dr. Warner said we would prob do an MRI and then more than likely she would get a cast :(
So...we are praying that this little boot does its magic and heals Emery up!!! The ortho visit went so well. We were in an out in about an hour. I was honestly impressed because the waiting room was rather full when we got to our appointment!

The first 20 minutes or so with the boot wasn't very fun. Emery DID NOT want to have her "sho" (shoe) on. She was hitting it on her carseat and crying. I wasn't sure if we would have it on for long as I was honestly worried she was going to injure it more the way she was kicking and hitting at it.

We stopped at Target on the way home to get a little prize for being such a "BIG" girl!! She was so brave for Dr. Warner. I picked out a little baby doll as she has gotten big into playing with babies lately but she choose a box of cookies instead! LOL She kept saying "cookie! cookie!" all throughout the store! Too funny!

After we got home and ate lunch Emery was up and walking around on the boot with no problems!

She even took her afternoon nap in her boot with no problems!! So proud of her as she adjusted quite well to her new found "sho" today!

Really praying that these two weeks go by fast for her and that it is all she needs to get her little foot healed up!!


No comments: