Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Emery's 2nd Ortho Appointment

This past Thursday Emery and I had her 2nd ortho appointment with Dr. Warner. We ended up having to wait a little over an hour in the waiting room which was NOT FUN with a 17 month old and no toys. She actually pulled everything out of my purse and wallet over and over and over again!

When we finally got back to a room the nurse told me I could take Emery's boot off. She was a HAPPY girl!! She has gotten to where she cries when you try and put it on. She doesn't fight you (thankfully) she just gets upset. Breaks my heart :(
Crazy girl was all over that little bed while we were waiting!!

Then she grabbed my purse and said "buh bye"!! Ha!! When Dr. Warner got to the room she kept telling him "buh bye" too! She was soooo ready to go. Her foot has really been healing these last couple of days so Dr. Warner took a look at it and said she could wear the boot for one more week!! Then no boot for 3 weeks and come back for another check-up! YAY!!! So exciting!! I could really tell that her foot was better because she let Dr. Warner touch it and manipulate it were she would just scream 2 weeks ago when he tried to even touch it.

After her appointment we headed to Cottontails to get Miss Emery some new shoes! I have noticed that her foot has grown a bit lately. When we got there and measured her she was a size 5 and a half on her left foot and almost a 6 on her right!!! DANG her foot has grown almost 2 sizes in 3 months!!! So needless to say we got some size 6 shoes!!

I ended up getting the lace up kind as Emery HATES shoes and socks so she takes the maryjane ones off in a matter of seconds!! Even though those are way cuter I had to get some shoes she would keep on (per Dr. Warner) just so that she would re injure that foot right after we take the boot off.


No comments: