Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New tradition....wrapped books!

Oh yes....and what we have here is ANOTHER Pintrest idea!! I am totally loving some Pintrest this year!

I have 19 books here...and since I took this pic (Dec 1st) I now have 24. I was actually surprised that I had that many. Anyways, you are to wrap 24 Christmas books and have your kids open one each day/night until Christmas. I have the Night before Christmas wrapped but that one is saved for Christmas Eve (another tradition we do around here).
Max and Emery LOVE being able to open a book each night!! Max cracks me up because he will only open the ones with the Santa wrapping. He says the polka dot paper is for girls! Ha! Guess I will have to continue the girl/boy paper so that Emery will have some books to open too! LOL

First night book was a perfect start! What is Christmas? If you don't have this book I think you should go get it! It really tells the true meaning of Christmas in such a kid friendly way!!

The kids missed Sat night while I was working so Sunday night we let them catch back up and both open one!

If you notice Max made sure to give Emery a polkadot paper one!

Most nights we end up opening the book all cuddled up in bed...which is why I don't have a ton of pictures.
I love this new little tradition!!! It is just so fun to have a little surprise each night of a "new" Christmas book to read!


No comments: