These are pics from my iphone from the last two weeks. I had to clear out my pics before we headed to the beach!! Double bonus since it made me update the blog as well!! I have to say I have been doing a lot once I updated for the last few months ;)
Our neighbors were out of town so we did a little pet sitting for them. They have a dog named Bella and a cat named Rufus. Em was telling Bella "NO!" Em is not a fan of Bella close up as she likes to jump on her. Now Rufus is Em's FAVE!! She just loves kitties!! So wish I wasn't allergic so that I could get her one... Thankfully she has Rufus to LOVE on whenever she needs too!
Our neighbors also have this really cool trampoline which they set their basketball goal up too! The kids LOVE it!! And honestly so do I ;) We had a really good time playing on it one day after Max's swim lessons!!
Hanging from hoop is FUN too!! Kids and I got a good little workout dunking it, playing basketball and just jumping!!
That day we had a FUN rest time too. This is what I love about summer. Total randomness!! The kids were being so good so I thought I would treat them to a movie for rest time. And what better way to enjoy a movie but on a big air mattress!! So FUN!!! The kids watched Cinderella if I remember right...
We are still doing tumbling on Thursdays for Ms. Em!! She wanted me to put her hair up and then she went and got a headband to wear too. I CAN NOT get over how BIG she looked!! Made me so SAD! Where oh where is my little baby going :(
The Friday of swim lessons Max had an appointment at Campbell's clinic. He got another x-ray of his foot. I took along a new game that I picked up for the kids. Bingo Bears! It was a really cute, fun educational game!! I wasn't sure what out wait time would be so I thought a new game would be an excellent way to pass the time. Both of my kids LOVE board games!!
I accidentally just deleted the pic of Max getting his foot x-rayed! Boo! We are at the beach so I don't have the ability to get the pic back on here. Will have to reload it when we get back home. Max's appointment went great though. Doc said Max's foot is in the healing process! Praise the LORD!! Will go back in 6 months and prayerfully it will be completely healed!!
On Saturday June 8th Max had his buddy Sawyer's birthday party! It was a BLAST!! It was a swimming party with limbo, water balloons, water slide, water guns, and more!! The kids had so much FUN!! The water balloon fight was their FAVE!!
June 10th through 14th Max had his first VBS by himself!! My friend Candice's kids have been going to IPC program for a while now and this year Noah and Max were old enough to attend. So Max and Noah got to spend another week together doing something special!! Their VBS theme was ScubaTales!! It was so CUTE!! The decorations were above and beyond!! I was impressed!!
Max did so GOOD on his first day!! I was so proud of him!! Em was NOT happy that she didn't get to stay too!! She said "Mommy I not free :(" She has really started to realize she isn't quite old enough for most things even if she truly believes and tells people sometimes that she is 15! LOL
Max had so much fun this week that he actually NAPPED two days!! I honestly think he is going through a little growth spurt because he has been VERY tired, cranky, and complaining of leg pain!!
On Wed Em and I dropped Max off and then headed to the mall to look for a dreaded swimsuit for Mommy!! I didn't find one (surprise, surprise) but Em was EXCELLENT!! I couldn't believe how well she behaved. Even the ladies at Dillards commented on how good she was! And of course how cute she was too ;) She was Miss Talkative and was commenting on all of the swimsuits!! Anyways, since she was so good I treated her to a carousel ride!! She picked the bunny to ride on!! Such a little cutie!!
On Wed night Max's VBS program invited us to a picnic party at the church! Max asked if we could go so I told them we would. Max, Em, and I got there right at 5:30 and enjoyed some time on the blowups!! I was impressed that both of the kids went up and slid down this enormous slide!!
Kids did the blowup obstacle course too!!
Then we went over and had some dinner. They had hotdogs, chicken tenders, chips, and cookies!! Then after a little more playing we got in line for SNOWCONES!! They also had cotton candy, popcorn and a dunk tank for the pastors!! Max LOVED the dunk tank!! He thought it was so funny watching the pastors fall in the water!! We only got to stay for about an hour and half because I had to get back to our church for a VBS meeting for me. Craig couldn't join us since he is teaching a bible study on Wed nights at our church so we missed having him with us.
The next two days were spent preparing to get ready for the beach!! We really didn't do much as Max was just so tired and I wanted the kids to get some good rest time in before we headed out EARLY sat morning. Em was also starting with some cold symptoms and I didn't want her to get worse and be miserable on our trip. It worked well and now we are enjoying some sweet sweet family time at the BEACH!! I am sitting here blogging away this morning as the kids are playing and we are waiting on the rain to pass so we can get our toes back in the sand!!
Oh and Max really enjoyed his VBS this past week!! He told me each day that he had an EXCELLENT day :) Not sure where he picked that up from but I am so glad he LOVED it and even more glad that he was learning more about our Lord Jesus!!

No comments:
Post a Comment