Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beach Day 2!!

On Monday (June 17th) we were up early again. Ate some breakfast, lotioned up and headed to the beach again! I had to grab a pic with my good camera before heading off. 

All the rest of the beach pics (besides the family beach pics) were all taken with the iphone! Seriously can't believe how well the iphones camera does!! Anyways...back to our trip...
When we got down the beach em did a little better about the sand but she was QUICK to tell us...."Why are we at the GREEN pool?? I wanted to go to the BLUE pool? (with a disgusted face and seriousness)" I of course couldn't help but laugh. She is so dramatic and funny sometimes! She DID NOT want to be at the GREEN pool!! LOL

We made the most of it. We didn't stay that long again today. I think the kids would be fine just going to the pool each day...sigh...

Lil Diva!!
Max was ALL about the ocean again this year!! He loves it just not so much the sand. And honestly he would rather not have a puddle jumper on is why he wants to go to the pool. 
Em wouldn't really go into the ocean without someone holding her this year. She just wasn't sure about all the  "stuff" that was in the water. 

Burying Daddy in the sand!! Em got a little carried away with throwing sand and got Craig in the face. Oops!

Kids LOVED covering Daddy up!!
Then Max wanted to be covered up as well!! Emery WOULD not do it and I just wasn't feeling it that day either ;)


Em went to the water a lot just to rinse off her hands and feet. She seriously DID NOT like the sand sticking to her. After the beach we headed to the pool for a while!!

Heading home after the pool. The pool was only two houses away but we would go to the beach on the golf cart and then head to pool afterwards. Instead of dropping the cart off at the house and walking over it was more fun to ride ;)

Ice cream treat after lunch!! The porch on this house was AWESOME!! One of our fave features!! There were rocking chairs and this huge wood swing (Max is sitting on below). We had quite a few late night and early morning swings while we were there!!
After lunch we decided to skip rest time and head out to the outlets for a little shopping. Then we went to a early dinner at Dewey Destins on the Harbor. It was our FAVORITE meal of the week. A most go place if you love seafood. While we were waiting for our food Craig, the kids and I walked down to the Harbor to check it out. 
We spotted a big crab with some fish. Kids enjoyed watching them for a while. 
Craig had to hold Em by the dress since she would get so close and almost hang over the edge. This girl cracks me up the things she has NO FEAR over and the things that do bother her. 
We walked down a little ways and saw our pirate friend we met last year! The kids were so EXCITED! They were hoping we would see him again this year. They had already told me if they saw him they wanted a pirate sword and Em wanted a butterfly!
Em was so intrigued by the pirate and a little uneasy too. I wish I would have captured her facial expressions while she watched him making the balloons!

Thanks Mr. Pirate for our balloons!!
Em finally got brave enough to stand by him and get a pic ;)
Wasn't long and Nana and Pawpaw were texting that the food was there. So we headed back up to eat! This is TMI but I just have to tell a funny about Em at the restaurant. Kids needed to potty and when I went to take them there was long line for the women's so I came back to the table and asked Craig to take them. I wasn't sure Em could wait that long. Anyways, a little while later Craig came back to tell me that Em decided to walk out into the restaurant and proceed to pull her dress up and say "Daddy can you help me with my panties!" Ummmm seriously she just walked out and pulled up her dress with her panties down for ALL to see!! I so wish I could have seen Craig's face when it happened ;) Gotta LOVE kids!!

After dinner we headed back down to the Harbor. We wanted to find the Southern Dolphin Cruise since we were planning on doing the Dolphin Cruise the next morning. The kids had a lot of fun with all the character boards. I think we took a pic with almost EVERY one we saw ;)
Max wanted to switch and be the girl fish to be SILLY!

Then we stopped and fed the fish for a little bit!! 

My dad was a NERVOUS wreck during the whole feeding fish thing. He was so worried Em was going to go into the water. He pretty much held onto her the entire time ;) We LOVE you Pawpaw!!

More character boards...the kids even wanted Nana and Pawpaw to join in on the pics ;)

Silly pic....
and the kids of course we screaming I wanna do that!! Love how they want to copy everything we do!! I know I am going to blink and they will be hating everything we as parents do. LOL
Nightlife down on the harbor was so FUN!! We walked around for a while. Saw a lot of the "day's catches" danced to some live music, watched the boats come in and more!! 
We headed back to the house for a little dessert and playtime! We let the kids go into the Disney outlet and pick out one toy earlier when we were at the outlets. Em got the Disney tea set and Max got Zurg's gun. Love how much the kids ENJOY playing together and that Max would have a tea party with his sister!! Such a GREAT big brother!!!
Em was quick to play bad guy/good guy with Max's new gun too!! So sweet!! Soaking up this special family time together this week! 

No comments: