After the Dolphin Cruise (Tue June 18th) we grabbed some lunch on the way home from Whataburgers!! It was so yummy!! Then we headed back home to go to the beach but the kids DID NOT want to go to the "Green" pool :(
So we opted for the blue pool instead. It ended up being quite a GREAT time!!
Max and Nana started a water gun fight. Emery joined in and even got out of the pool to get her Pawpaw!!
It was hysterical!! I got some great video of it. Emery would run over squirt Pawpaw giggling the entire time. Then she would run back and throw her water gun to Craig and say more water please Daddy (while jumping up and down giggling). Craig would hand it back to her and she would say "thank you Daddy" and then run off to squirt Pawpaw again!
Max even got out and joined in too ;)
Seriously I don't think much of Emery's water even went on Pawpaw as she was so excited and running around that I don't think it made it to him!
Check out that smile below. She was LOVING every minute of it!!
Towards the end she was going right up on him. She wanted to get her Pawpaw WET!! Pawpaw was giggling just as much. Love making sweet sweet memories together as a family!! Def one we won't forget. Lots of laughter this afternoon at the "blue" pool!!
We headed in for some much needed rest time after the pool. I ran to Walmart and grabbed a few sewing things I forgot and while the kids (and big kids) rested I made Max's crab shorts for our family pictures. I so meant to get lots done BEFORE our trip but somehow the trip snuck up on me and I ended up making his shorts while we were there. We had planned on grabbing pizza from Jordano's Pizza and heading to beach to eat, play and watch the sunset. However, when we got to Jordano's to order we realized they had a small dining room area so we opted to eat and then head to the beach. The kids weren't really into eating at the beach but they said they would go back and play with us. My parents did a little date night so they could go get some steamed shrimp!! We missed them but it was fun having some just the 4 of us time as I am sure it was nice for them to get some "no kids" time ;)
The waters at the beach were ROUGH all day. The red flags were out so we weren't sure we were going to be able to get in the water. However, when we got down there there was a long stretch of shallow water. I would have to say this was the kids FAVORITE time at the beach. Em didn't fuss at all. She was all about running around and jumping the tiny little waves!!
Max had a BALL too!! He thought it was really cool he didn't have to wear his puddle jumper!
Love how Em tries to copy EVERYTHING her big bubba does!! So cute!!
I try to get the kids footprints in the sand each year. I got Em's that night.
Serious CUTENESS!!! I love these two babies more than WORDS!!!
Max was all about being buried again in the sand!! I think Craig may have buried him like 10 times!
Running off to rinse off!! Em had to go too ;)
It was just BEAUTIFUL watching the sun set on the beach. There is just NOTHING like it!
Looking at God's beautiful creations the beach, my kids, my husband. Such a sweet moment to reflect on my blessings!! Praising GOD for all he has done for us!! We truly are so so BLESSED!!
Pure sweetness.
Max was showing us his muscles here. He said he was so STRONG!! We met a few friends on the beach that night. The kids were catching minnows and sand fleas (this was something new to me). They brought some over and put in our bucket so the kids could see. It was pretty neat!
When I did Em's footprint and wrote in the sand she realized she could do it too! She loved writing in the sand after that!
One of my FAVORITE pics below. I just LOVED seeing the beach through my child's eyes. This night was perfect for that. We sat on the shoreline a lot together and just watched the waves roll in and the boats going by. We talked and laughed and just ENJOYED the time we were having together as a family!!
More burying in the sand ;) I told you he was all about it that night!!
Showing his muscles again!!
Showing us SILLY faces!! These two CRACK me up!!
Towards the end the kids and I were just sitting on the shoreline again. I was showing them the little mussels that you can dig up and they will work back into the sand real quick after the water recedes. Em wasn't quite sure about it but Max thought it was the coolest thing ever! He got to work digging them up and showing us all the ones he could find. We had to leave before it got too dark because the golf cart didn't have lights. So sad because I think I could have stayed a while longer ;)
Such a WONDERFUL day!! And it was pretty awesome to find a time at the beach that BOTH of the kids LOVED it!! Have to say this was my fave day at the beach with the kids!!

No comments:
Post a Comment