Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter PARTIES at school!

The kids had their Easter Parties/Egg Hunts at school this past Thursday. They woke up EXCITED!! Plus they were super excited that Mommy was going to be their with them all day too ;)
A little happy we threw together for the kids teachers. I so wish I had a vinyl machine. These would have looked adorable with a monogram or an initial ;) That may be what I get myself with my birthday money!! I went and grabbed scrapbook stickers to put on the kids buckets above. They worked well but after a few hunts Max's letters were coming off. :(
I am room mom for Emery's class so we had to be at school early so that I could hide eggs for her classroom. Their class started off the morning making a little bunny!! Emery's favorite part was the cotton ball for the tail!!
Best FRIENDS!! Little Miss Crawford and Emery!! These two are inseparable and truly LOVE each other more than I can even explain. I love watching them play together and interact. So blessed for Em to have such a great little friend already!!


Ready to go our for their egg hunt! Emery's class did their hunt first thing at 9:45. The kids were READY!! Got to LOVE Kayla in her shades!! Too cute!!
Silly Snails area!
This was Emery's first hunt for this year. She wasn't so sure about it at first. 
I quickly explained that you can pick up any egg and put it in your basket. Then later you can find out what is inside. Em was all about it then!!
However, she was very picky about what she picked up. Here she is screaming "A football one for bubba!! It's so cute!!" This girl has such a giving heart!! 

She would pick up eggs and say "May I peas have this one, Momma?" Oh my goodness she is too cute for words!! 
"ohhhh Mommy, it's for you. Your pavorite color!" 

Group picture with the Silly Snails and their teachers. We only had 10 of our friends today. We were missing 3 because they were sick :(
After the egg hunt Em's class headed to the playground for a while. I headed inside to count eggs and make sure everyone had 12 in their baskets. Then I added treats that the teachers and other kids had brought in for their friends. After this I had a little break so I headed over to check out what Max's class was up to. 
They were doing the Easter story with Ms. Kelley (Sawyer's mommy, who is one of the room moms) It was an interactive one. So fun!! The kids were really into it!! So BLESSED to have Ms. Kelley loving on my kiddo!!

Afterwards they made a necklace to signify the Easter story!! It was so neat!! 
This is what the card said. Sin is when we do something bad...
and doing that makes God so sad. 
So, I am going to tell you a story-
The one about Easter and all God's glory.
BLACK's for the sin,
and it has a cost;
Which is why God sent Jesus to die on the CROSS.
RED's for the blood that Jesus shed...
3 RINGS for the days when He rose from the dead.
BLUE is for Heaven, which is where He went,
Because at God's right hand is where Jesus is meant.
God loves us so much,
And here's the best part:
The Holy Spirit has come to live in your HEART!
So the kids put a black bead, a cross, a red bead, 3 rings, a blue bead, and a heart bead to complete their Easter story necklace!! 

Then it was time for the Funny Frogs to go hunt EASTER EGGS!!!

Max was all about being picky too!! So funny to watch which ones he would pick out. 
Trying to get him to look at me for a pic posed almost impossible. 

Checking out the dinosaur baby egg he found!! 
"Oh a BLUE one!!" 
Max posing with his buddy Sawyer!! Sweet friends!!
Lining up to play an egg race game!!

I watched the kids for a minute and then I had to run off to grab some Chickfila nuggets for Emery's class lunch. They were so cute racing though!!
When I got back I went looking for Emery's class. They were in bible class learning the Easter story with Ms. Renee. 

I was BLOWN away how good all the 2 years olds were doing. They were all listening very well!!
While they were finishing up with Ms. Renee I ran to get the table set up. They had a yummy spread. Chickfila nuggets, bunny crackers, mandarin oranges, and fruit snacks. Then for dessert they all had a little Easter cupcake!! I accidentally deleted most of the pictures from Emery's lunch but here was a decent one of them all just sitting down. Em was ready to pray!! So sweet!!
After lunch the kids headed back to class to do an Easter craft before naptime!!
So I headed over to help set up lunch for Max's class. They had Chickfila nuggets, pirates booty popcorn, and cupcakes!! Max got a plate full of popcorn since he won't eat meat. 
Max had all his classmates at school today! 15 in total!! So fun!! After Max's lunch we went and grabbed Emery and headed out to meet our dear friends Ms. Candice, Noah, Maggie, Ella Kate, and Eli at the zoo!! We had a GREAT time!! I only took a few pics with my iphone so I will post those later. The kids enjoyed getting to go to Stingray Bay for the first time!! And we were ENJOYING the beautiful beautiful weather!!

After the zoo we came home to check out our goodies from school!!

The kids were loving seeing what was inside all of their eggs!!
Max had a hard time opening this one so he thought he could just bite it open!! Silly boy!!


"CANDY!!!! And more CANDY!!!" Emery was ALL about this!! 

Emery's goodies!!

Max's goodies!!
We had a very very FUN filled day!! And have to say that all of us were passed out by 8:30 that night!! No naps and being so busy equaled a challenging night. Craig and I had to be a little forgiving as the kids never got any rest time. But it was TOTALLY worth it! More posts to come soon.....

No comments: