Craig and I celebrated our FIFTH wedding anniversary this past Saturday April 21st!! I honestly cannot believe it has already been 5 years!! Where has the time gone!!
So to celebrate we went on our FIRST get away together without the kids. Yes, I know it was long overdue. Just seems like something always came up or we didn't want to leave the kids or etc. etc. Since I work weekends I didn't want to have to take vacation again so we left Thursday afternoon (April 19th) and headed to Hot Springs, AR!! We stayed Thursday night and Friday night and headed back in the wee hours of Sat morning. We stayed at the Williams House Bed and Breakfast. It was our first bed and breakfast experience and we LOVED it! These first two pictures were taken Friday morning. They brought our breakfast to our room since we were staying in the Turret Suite.
We ventured out to do a little shopping and site seeing after breakfast. Our FIRST stop (I so should have taken a picture) was a TOY STORE!! Ba ha ha ha! First time away from the kids and where do we stop. LOL Then we checked out a few other local shops and then headed to Bath Row. Picture below was Craig feeling the natural spring waters...146 degrees!! So CRAZY!
This is one of the working Bath houses. We didn't go in as it was starting to rain and we were told (by others who have been to Hot Springs) to check out the Fordyce Bathhouse.
So that was our next stop. It is set up as a visitors place so we got to go through and see how the bath houses were set up back in the day.
It was actually very interesting! I thought this stained glass window in the middle of the men's bath area was so beautiful!!
When we came out of the Fordyce it was raining pretty good...BOO! However, that didn't stop us. We went over and grabbed some lunch at Bubbalou's!! It was very yummy and so glad we had a recommendation from a friend at work! Thanks Kari!! The owner was super sweet and we really enjoyed talking with her. Next stop was back to the Williams House to get ready for our massages!! Yay!! We went to Nurture Day Spa for a couples massage. Lots of drama happened when we got there as they didn't have us on the books...so they pulled some people together to do our massages. Long story short it wasn't a great experience and we won't be going back there. After we left we went back to our room and showered and got ready to go out check out some more local shops. We ended up shopping in the pouring down rain for a little over an hour. Then we headed back to the room again to dry off before dinner.
For dinner we went to Bleu Monkey further into town. It was really really good!! Then after we stopped at a few chain stores...Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Belk. Picked up a few things for the kids and ourselves. Then we called it a night as we knew we were planning to get on the road early so we could make it back in time for Max's soccer game Sat. morning.
The picture above is of a candle that was in the room! It smelled so AWESOME and don't think I won't be ordering some online. I found out where to get them as we were heading out the door of the house I saw a bigger one on the piano with the website! Wahoo!!
I took all these pictures at 5am Sat morning on the way out the door!! Ugh! I totally should have taken pictures when we got in Thursday since it was beautiful and sunny out. But instead we got in and rushed out to eat and to look around Hot Springs. Oh and speaking of eating...we ate at a place called Rolando's Thursday night. A must go place if you like Mexican and if you ever venture to Hot Springs!!
Friday it was raining all day so the pictures wouldn't have been good either..oh well..I got decent enough pics to document our trip!
The BEAUTIFUL house!! The front three windows upstairs was where we were staying!
It was such an AMAZING trip that was much needed!! I can't believe we have waited 5 years to do it!! Don't think it will take us that long to go on another trip just the two of us!
A HUGE thanks to my parents and Craig's for taking care of Max and Emery while we were gone!! We so couldn't have done this trip without your help!! We are truly so BLESSED to be surrounded by family at home!!

1 comment:
Happy anniversary! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment