A new tradition for the Lawson Family! We have been seeing these boxes everywhere and Max actually asked Craig and I what they were one night at church. So we told him about it and Max said "I want to fill a box for a little boy, Mommy!" So low and behold we grabbed a box and a flyer!! So proud of my little boy for wanting to do something for someone else!

I have never even heard about Operation Christmas Child until this year. It is such a blessing to be a part of this ministry this year. I am so glad we are able to fill a shoebox with goodies for a child to receive on Christmas!! Just a small way to show another child God's love and to show my child how to give to others!!

We took Max to Walmart this past Saturday to pick out some goodies for his little friend (as he is calling the little boy the package will go to). He wasn't sure what all to get him because he was afraid he would get him something he already had. After explaining to Max that this little boy may not have any toys....Max quickly said" He doesn't even have a playroom?!" Oh goodness....how to explain to a 3 year old that this little boy we are sending this gift to may not even have a real bed!! Max was very sad for the little boy and just couldn't get over the fact that this little friend didn't have toys to play with. Max has such a tender and sweet heart! I just LOVE that about him!


Max was so excited to get his gift boxed up and ready to ship off to our little friend!!

I went online to pay our donation ($7 dollars to cover shipping costs across seas) and it gives you a barcode to print out so that you can track where your package goes!! So exciting to be able to see where our little gift will go!! I didn't know until later that we could have added letters and pictures to the box. So fun to make it more personal!! We will definitely have to do that next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment