Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Meaningful Christmas Ornament Swap!

I just have to share this AMAZING ornament swap that I was invited to by my dear friend Melody! It is called A Meaningful Christmas and actually two girls (Carrie Rogers and Brittany Poe) came up with this fabulous idea! You can find out more about them here http://www.poefam.blogspot.com/ and can actually purchase these for next year!

The little book above is a book of 24 devotionals to do each day of December to teach your child the REAL meaning of Christmas and it also doubles as a countdown to Christmas day!

So basically you find 24 willing participants and you each make 24 of the same ornament. (I was given a topic and actually a description of what to put on the ornament.) Then you all get together to swap out ornaments and you go home with 24 different ornaments to go along with the daily devotionals!


Such a GREAT way to share the REAL meaning of Christmas with our children for many years to come!


And an added bonus...all the desserts we got to share too! :) Love, love, love the holidays!

Okay...back to the ornaments I just have to share them all (except one because one person couldn't be at the exchange, I will add hers later) I am going to just post the title of the devotionals in no particular order so that I am not copy writing anything...

The Light of the World
Believe

Immanuel

The Word

Wise Men

The Shepherds were Afraid

The Bread of Life

The Way, The Truth, and The Life

The Lamb of God

Alpha and Omega

The Greatest Gift

Mary is Chosen

The Vine

Having a Good Attitude

The Trinity

Promises

No Room in the Inn

Go and Tell

Bethlehem

Born in a Manger

The Good Shepherd (these were my ornaments)

Trusting God

Love

And the missing ornament is Creation. Will post a pic as soon as I get it.


Can't wait to get started Dec. 1st!! Look forward to sharing more about it soon! And please message me if you have any questions about this! It is such a wonderful opportunity to teach your children about Jesus!! I just want everyone to know about it!!


No comments: