Monday, June 6, 2011

Downtown CHICAGO!

Our last day we got up and headed to downtown Chicago!!! Check out Nana and Pawpaw with most of their grandbabies! Trent had to work so he missed out on the photo!

Kahla and Emery waiting for the train!

The rest of the fam waiting! If you look closely you can see Max's expression as the train is pulling in! He was so excited!

Riding in the train was an adventure!

It took us about 30 min from Laurie's house to downtown! It was good time to just chat and hang with the fam!

Max LOVED it!!

I had Emery asleep as we were pulling into downtown so she took a quick little nap in the baby bjourn!

We started out in the Millennium Park!

Checking out the giant BEAN!

It was rather amazing to see!!!

Emery and Max enjoyed it!

I love how you can see the skyline in the reflection! Just amazing!!



We didn't get to see a ton of downtown, but what we saw was so prettyAnd of course we couldn't miss out on visiting Nike World!! There was an entire floor devoted to basketball!! Max was in heaven!!




We stopped off for lunch in TGIFs. It was a much needed cool off from the crazy heat!



A huge thanks to Kahla and Lindsey for helping out with the kiddos! Now if they could just come home with me.....

I mean seriously I had NO IDEA there were beaches in Chicago....I know I know I am a true blonde.....



Max and his many dress ups....the sun was really bothering him and I forgot to attach the sun visor for the stroller...oops! So first he tried out Emery's hat and then he ended up with Laurie's sunglasses! Ha!

Another beautiful view!

Emery sacked out for nap #2 in the baby bjorn! She was such a trooper the entire day! I was so proud of her! I don't think she really even fussed until we were heading home!



Can't remember what this was called but it was a pretty fountain :)



Headed back on the train! Emery was happy as long as she was eating!!

Finally, a pic of all the grandbabies/cousins!! Shortly, after we got back from downtown we headed back on our journey home!

Emery was super fussy but it didn't take her long and she was sacked out!

We ended up driving almost halfway and stopped for the night. It was so sad to leave the fam!!! Oh how I wish we were just a little bit closer......


No comments: