Thursday, October 31, 2013

St Louis Day 3

Day 3 and our final day in St. Louis was spent at the City Museum!! Oh my goodness!! This place is AMAZING!! The few pictures I got doesn't even do it justice!! I didn't want to carry a camera around so I just took my phone in for pics!

The rooftop of the place! Seriously so cool!! A old bus over hanging the building!! There was no map of the place you were just to walk around and explore. How exciting and fun all at the same time! 
There were slides and all kinds of things to climb on everywhere. On the roof top Em and I went on the Ferris Wheel. We survived but I am not sure I would EVER get back on that thing again. It has been there since the 1950s and I have to say it was just slightly scary ;)

A little view from WAY up top! This was our way of getting a family photo on our trip. LOL
Like I said slides and tunnels....climbing galore! Craig and I tried to do as much as we could with the kids. This slide was a one time deal for me. I barely made it through the tiny hole!! But so worth it ONE time ;)
One of the many ball pits! They had an area for 6 and under that the kids had fun in for some time!


I have no idea what this area would be called. But most of it looked like skate boarding ramps and such. Em was so FEARLESS! She went to the top and just dropped down over and over again!

Seriously this place was a GIGANTIC kids playground paradise! 
Little train ride for the kids!

Some more outdoor tunnels, climbing things and slides. SO MUCH FUN!

This was our favorite slide that all of us could go down together. We went down this one a few times ;)
Like I said I only grabbed a few pictures. We were there for like 5 or 6 hours and we didn't even see ALL of the place. We all had a GREAT time. A definite place to see and do while in St. Louis! We will be back!!
Afterwards we went back to the hotel for a little rest time. Then out to dinner to a local Mexican fave. I can't remember the name of it but it was pretty good. We just took it easy the rest of the night playing some card games and just hanging out. 
Sunday morning we just got up when we got up....ate some breakfast and got on the road back home! It was a MUCH NEEDED family trip!! We had the BEST time!! Look forward to spontaneous fun family trips in the future! Feeling so BLESSED!

No comments: