Monday, December 31, 2012

Our Gingerbread House!

Last week we made our gingerbread house together as a family!! I picked this kit up from Target and just grabbed a few more types of candies to add to what came with the kit.
I normally buy a pre built house but couldn't find one this year. So we had to put ours together first. The kids LOVED helping!! And we decided to opt out on the roof because the kids wanted to eat some of the house. Ha!! It tasted quite yummy but the smell was what we LOVED!!
So we put the house together and then went and played for a while. It said it would be set up in 30 min...however...the icing was still soft so we waited till the next night to actually decorate it!!

We all had a blast decorating it together!! I think Emery actually had more fun eating the candy than decorating but hey....that's part of the Christmas fun!! Candy.....candy.....and more candy!!

The kids really did a great job decorating!!


Like I said Emery had more fun eating rather than decorating....Here she is eating more candy!! I really have no idea how much she consumed that night....

Taking pictures with their house! So silly!! I meant to take a picture of the front side. We actually had a snowman and a gingerbread man that were having a snowball fight!!
Uh oh...there's a GOOD one!! I know I have said this a few times but I am LOVING my new camera!! Now to take a class so I can figure out all the fun things to do with it!!

No comments: