Tuesday, January 3, 2012

16 months...and a week!

Just a tad bit late with this post....but to cut me a little slack Emery turned 16 months two days after Christmas! So I had a lot to blog about before I could start this one :) It is called OCD and yes I know...they have meds for that...LOL

So our little priss is now weighing about 24 and a half lbs!! I am guessing she had a little growth spurt these past few weeks...or maybe it is because she is eating everything in sight. LOL I measured her to be 30 and a half inches. Which is smaller than she was at her 15 month checkup...I am pretty sure she didn't shrink so I am not sure what is going on with her measurements. Craig and I did it a few times just to make sure. Anyways...she finally made it on our little growth chart that I keep between the kids rooms. I will have to post a pic soon. Max was so excited for Emery that she has her name on there too! It was quite adorable!
Clothes: Size 12 and 18 months. Just really depends on brand and if it is a 2 piece set or not.
Shoes: Still 4s and 4 1/2s but I need to go get her foot measured because I think it has grown.
Diapers: Size 4
Sleeping has changed ever since the UTI. She wakes around 8am. Goes down for nap between 1 and 2pm and usually only sleeps an hour or hour and half. Then bedtime around 8:30 but she doesn't seem to fall asleep till closer to 9. I think that all happened because of her being in pain with the UTI. She stayed up till 10pm during all of that and would wake some during the nights. Then end up sleeping past 8. All of this will probably change again come March and daylight savings time....which I can't wait for I am so ready to be able to play outside everyday again!!!
Favorite toys: Her babies!! She has gotten so affectionate with them. She is just such a sweet sweet "mommy" to them! The kitchen, play food, musical toys, riding cars, dunking the basketball, and of course any piece of tupperware/plasticware in my kitchen she can find!

She is BUSY BUSY BUSY...but most kids are at this age...right?! You honestly can't take your eyes off her for long or she into something, climbing something, or running off to get into some kind of mischievous. I can't even tell you how many times a day this girl gets hurt! She is def going to be a rough and TOUGH little girl!! And let me tell you she is FEARLESS!! She will climb up on something just to jump off or fall off!! She loves to STAND on anything and everything!!! Like I said....NO FEAR!!!

She is a girl of MANY faces!!! Her personality has really been showing more and more!! All I can say is she is our little priss, drama queen, dramatic, loving, caring, stubborn, sweet, affectionate, independent, full of attitude baby girl!!! And I LOVE everything about her!! She is just so much fun to be around even if she has some MAJOR meltdowns every once and a while :)

As for talking...some new words..."my" (aka mine...she will grab something and hold it close to let you know that it is hers). NO! oh yes we hear this quite a few times a day...."ba" aka ball, "tee" for teeth, and lots of other words that I honestly can't make out. She does talk a lot but you just can't understand most of it.

She LOVES to sing!! She tries to sing ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, God our Father, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, and If your Happy and you know it. She really has the tune down pat and she can hum it pretty well. She inserts her "words" per say and it so cute to listen to her sing. I really need to get my video camera out more and tape her!! Before meals...she will wait to eat, grab our hands, bow her head, and start singing God our Father. It is so adorable and Max usually gets mad and wants to do it by himself....but hey its a learning game around here :) She will also stop in the middle of dinner and want to pray again and again and again! LOL What can I say the girl loves to sing!!

Remember I said affectionate....she loves to give kisses, blow kisses, and give hugs!! She now is puckering up to give you kisses and making sound effects!! So stinking cute!

She LOVES to laugh and make you laugh!! I love that she will run up to hug you just a giggling and smiling. Such a HAPPY HAPPY girl most of the time!! I so wish I could bottle her up sometimes!! I just don't want to forget this precious stage she is in!!


Still loving church and school even though she has a little bit of separation anxiety as I leave her. I can stand at the door and she is fine in 2 seconds flat.

Overall...she is just a little ham with so much character and personality!! She doesn't meet a stranger and she loves to say "hey" to everyone when we are out! She is truly our "little sunshine!!" and we are so BLESSED that God gave her to us!!!



No comments: