Monday, October 11, 2010

Emery is 6 weeks!

All I can say right now is WOW what a crazy 6 weeks these past 6 weeks have been!
Little Miss Emery you now have the nickname of "high maintenance"! You want to be held ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!! If you are not being held you are screaming and letting whoever and whatever know that you are NOT HAPPY!! LOL!

There are odd moments like this one that you do sleep in places other than someone's arms...and trust me I take full advantage of these moments! You look so sweet and innocent in this picture but mommy, daddy, and max know the REAL you....ha ha!

Even though you have the nickname "high maintenance" we wouldn't trade you for anything! We are all so in LOVE with you my precious little girl! Mommy and Daddy are now starting to get into somewhat of a routine with you. Every day/night is a little different but for the most part you are eating every 3-4 hrs during the day and every 4-5hrs at night. Mommy has gone back to pumping mostly because your latch hasn't been very good and you just seem to be fussy when I keep switching back and forth. You are taking about a 4oz bottle at each feeding!
You are very alert for a 6 week old. You have stayed awake for up to 6hrs at a time. The only problem with that is you get so tired that you fight going to sleep. I think you are worried you are going to miss out on something around here. Of course it doesn't help that you have a NOISY 2 year old brother that likes to wake you up for FUN!

You still won't sleep in your crib really. You would much rather be in mommy and daddy's bed. You love to have your head up against pillows and you love love to be nuzzled up against mommy (of course I love it too!!)! I know, I know this little girl has her mommy and daddy wrapped around her tiny little fingers!!!
You are getting better head control these days and you are liking your "tummy time" now! You are making some eye contact with us too! So FUN! We can't wait to start seeing your social smiles and cooing! I know it won't be long!

You are weighing in at about 11lbs now and about 21inches!! You are getting so BIG so FAST!!! Kind of makes me sad but I must say I am loving those chubby cheeks!! I was worried I wasn't going to have enough 0-3month clothes for you but at the rate you are growing I think you will be in 3-6 month clothes in the next 2 weeks!

So things may be a little CRAZY in the Lawson household but we are trying to remember that these stages only last a short time and we need to cherish every minute of it! I just keep telling myself to stay POSITIVE and to LET GO! GOD is in control and HE will help guide us through all of these transitions!

No comments: