Little Miss Emery is 2 months old! She actually turned 2 months this past Wednesday and then we had our 2 month checkup on Thursday! Boy was that fun...

2 month stats: A whopping 12 lbs even and 23 inches! Wow this girl is getting BIG fast!! She is in the 75 percentile for height, weight, and head circumference.
Wearing: 0-3month clothes
Size 1 diaper but I think she could go to size 2

We got good and bad news at the doc visit. Miss Emery is doing great with her head control, grasping your finger with her hands, moving arms and legs all the time....but not so good on making eye contact, social smiling, and following slow moving objects. She also isn't really cooing and gurgling much either. Dr. Christian doesn't seem that concerned said that she may just be a little slow developing in that area. However, we are to go back at 3 months to get this all checked out again. So our homework is to give Miss Emery LOTS of FACE TIME! Well, I will have you know that is a little difficult when all Emery wants to do is close her eyes and scream! LOL

It is pretty obvious that Emery likes to EAT! Ha! She is eating 4oz pretty much every 3 hrs during the day and after her night bottle she usually goes about 5-7hrs before the middle of the night bottle and then another 3-4hrs after that one.
She still likes to sleep in our bed at night and be held. The girl likes to have her head snuggled up into the pillow with her face touching my face. She grunts and moves around until she gets just how she wants to be! She is so stinking silly! I will be glad when we can get her into her bed as I will finally be able to sleep again!

Emery is really enjoying her SWING these days! She pretty much takes her naps in the swing or her carseat since I refuse to hold her ALL DAY! I am very thankful that she likes her swing now so that I can have some breaks throughout the day. I know Max is glad too so I can have a little time here and there to play with him!

I really didn't get any good 2 month pics as Miss Emery was quite fussy when I was trying to take them. But then again there are very few times were she isn't fussy so I thought these pics were appropriate. She is still really really fussy at night (like there isn't much you can do to make her happy) we try to walk around and bounce but that doesn't always work either! I am sure it won't be long and these fussy days will be behind us...well, I am praying for that anyways!
I know it sounds like all I do is complain about how difficult Emery is but we truly do LOVE her and are so BLESSED to have her in our life! This past week she looked at me and smiled for the first time and I started crying! (yes, I am emotional) It truly made all this craziness worth it! Emery is our lil miracle!!

1 comment:
girl, weren't we JUST pregnant?!?! it's so crazy... and those smile are totally what it's all about. hang in there!
Post a Comment