Here we are bright and early headed to LeBonheur East Surgery Center for Max's surgery to get tubes! We had to be at the surgery center at 7am! Max didn't seem to mind that we woke him up at 6:30 and threw him in the car! Such a good little boy!

We didn't have to wait long before we headed back to triage!

Max was a little bit nervous. He didn't want to leave our arms, so he wasn't too excited about getting his weight and O2 saturation taken. He warmed up quickly once the nurse gave him the okay to play with the scale! And of course he had his trusty "b" and "sassy"!

Okay so how serious do my boys look!
LOL! I told him to smile and he was like this is not a time to smile....ha! I think Craig was a little nervous!!! Max really didn't want to get down after we changed him into the gown.....he wasn't quite sure what was going on!

We had to go check out the squirrels and birds everyone had been talking about! It was actually pretty cool to watch the squirrels and birds eating and playing!

Max finally got down to play with his buddy Noah that was getting tubes too! Thanks Noah for making Max realize it was okay to get down and play! Noah seemed so calm and really was having a good time!

Noah got called back pretty quick so they really didn't get to play...but Max seemed to enjoy all the fun things they had for them to do!

I mean seriously how cute does he look in his gown and
footies! Trust me I hope to NEVER seem him in this attire again but he does look super cute!

It wasn't long before we headed back too! Max got to go through the "bunny tunnel" before going back to surgery. There were lots and lots of toys to pick from! Max first grabbed a bottle of bubbles, took out his pacy or "sassy", and attempted to drink them! HA! I guess he was a little
thirsty! He actually ended up picking a little golf club set! Then we gave our hugs and kisses and the nurse took him! He went to the nurse without a problem, we were very surprised!

As soon as the doors shut and Max looked back to realize "hey where did my mommy and daddy go...." that is when I heard my sweet little boy's cry! Poor baby! I felt so sorry for him! I wanted to run back there and be by his side so he wouldn't have to be scared....:(

About 10-15min later we were holding our baby boy in recovery! Dr.
Naidu the
ENT said everything went great! Max was very disoriented and upset after surgery. He was crying off and on for about 45 min. Made his mommy and daddy so sad! I hated to see him so upset! However, we got discharged pretty quick and we headed home! Once home Max ate some crackers and drank some sprite. He just hung out on the couch with me for a little while....

Then....he was UP and PLAYING!! It was great to see him up and moving around so quickly! I am just amazed how kids bounce back so quickly like nothing ever happened!

He played with his new golf set for quite awhile!

Our
lil golfer!

Max got his play on and then went down for a nap! He slept for a little over 3hrs! He was a tired little boy! He woke up very happy! He was pretty much normal the rest of the night. We are so very thankful and blessed that God took care of our son during his surgery! The entire experience really was a good one and I pray that we will not have to do the "surgery" scene with Max again!
1 comment:
I am so glad everything went well! I hope Max's tubes are as life-changing as they were for Addie & Landon. :) Keeping you all in our prayers, as always!
Post a Comment