Well, we got the bright idea to switch Max's crib to a toddler bed Friday!

Max thought he should "help" his daddy....just in case he couldn't do it by himself....

Max was quite happy about changing his bed over to a BIG BOY BED!!!

This is our new "cheese" smile for pictures! It really cracks me up because he smiles so big that he closes his eyes!

He looks like such a big boy in his toddler bed. Kind of makes me sad...tear...tear...

Just thought this was a cute picture of Max!

So serious....they are doing some serious work!!!!

He took to his bed right away. He ran off to the playroom and got a truck to play with in his bed and then he got some books and was reading and singing to his stuffed tiger "
Memphis"! It was quite adorable. I did capture this all on video camera because he was singing "yes
Jesus loves me"! So sweet! Makes some parents proud!

So our first night on
Friday went VERY WELL! We put him to bed like normal and told him to stay in his bed. We checked on him a little bit later to find him sleeping and he had gotten up to get his little pillow out of his chair which Craig and I found hilarious and so cute!

And here we are Saturday morning, he had gotten up and gotten some books out of his
book rack to read. Such a good little boy! I couldn't believe he was doing so well with his toddler bed. He didn't come out of his room any! Such a great milestone.....or so we thought....

Nap time on Saturday was a different story! I heard quite a bit of noise so I went in to check on him only to find that he had emptied his entire
book rack and had ALL the books in his bed. Silly little boy! He was so proud of himself too. He did start coming out of his room after I removed all the books and told him to go back to sleep. However, it only took one time of telling him NO he needed to stay in his bed and next thing you know he was asleep! YEA!

Saturday night he went down to sleep and was out in no time. So we thought this toddler bed switch was a great thing! We did the switch so that Max could get in and out of his bed when he woke up instead of waiting for someone to come and get him out during the week since I am forbidden to pick him up. So we thought this was going pretty successful!
However....Sunday was a DIFFERENT story. He did not nap in his bed because he took his nap at my parents in the pack n play. So when we got to bedtime we thought everything was going to be fine since the last two nights were. Well.....Max came out of his room probably 50 plus times! We started this process at 8:45pm and at 10:45pm Craig was putting the crib back together. We tried everything we could think of walking back to bed calmly over and over, using a stern voice, and even spanking but he just kept coming out and acting like it was no big deal. So WE GAVE UP! We decided maybe he just wasn't ready. I mean he has had a hugh adjustment dealing with me being on bedrest and someone else taking care of him during the day. So we shall try again later. Max wasn't upset at all that we changed his bed back to crib either. So we figured if he is happy with his bed then why should we change it all up.....so guess he will just have to wait and be patient for others to come and get him in the mornings and nap time :)!

2 comments:
This was such a great blog. I loved all the pics. That pic of Max laying on his bed with his little legs up in the bed was adorable. I was reading this to Brennan and he was saying how Hannh would have every doll she owned in the bed. She already sleeps with a ton of toys. Oh and I love the sheet on his bed! xoxo Charity
Jenny, this was SO FUNNY! I feel your pain girl! We went through it with Kinsley and I still wish we would have put her back in her crib...almost a year later I'm still paying the price (she gets up every night!). Keep him in that "baby" bed as long as possible! :)
Post a Comment