Monday, November 17, 2008

Prayer Request!

So just a little prayer request for my little baby Max. Max has had two diapers with bloody urine in them. Not much blood...but enough to call the doc. Saturday was the first time and then this morning was the second. So...needless to say I called the doc and went in for a visit at 12:15 today. Dr. Christion is so great...she saw him right away. They took a urine sample by putting a plastic little bag around his penis...thank God no in and out catheter today!!! So then it was just a waiting game for little man to pee. Thankfully he peed in like 5 min flat (well he was striped down naked and I was wiping him with cold wet wipes....that might have helped...ha!) Dr. Christion said she couldn't believe how fast I got him to pee....she said some babies are there for an hour or so waiting! So the good news is she checked the urine with a dipstick and it said no blood. But they are sending off a sample to the lab to check for bacteria, blood, etc. Dr. Christion said the sample sent off to lab will tell us more by the end of the week. Since both diapers were in the morning with his first pee Dr. Christion sent me home with bags to try and catch his first pee in the morning. Hopefully it will be nothing and we are doing all of this for no reason....but I just know my little man needs praying for. Being a pediatric cancer nurse doesn't help matters...you can just imagine thoughts going through my head. I know I shouldn't worry and leave it all to God. I know HE is IN CONTROL..but it is only natural to worry a little about your baby. I mean Max is so helpless and I don't won't him to have to go through any of this.... On a good note...he hasn't been cranky or irritable, no fever, and he has been eating and playing good so like I said hopefully it is nothing!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little Max man! He is in my prayers, I hope everything is okay with the tests, let me know!