Christian Brothers University Graduation!! May 12th at 9am!! A nice beautiful RAINY day!! We were suppose to be there at 8:30 but to make a LONG story short we got there a little after 9 due to crazy drivers, unorganized parking, and RAIN! Thankfully my good friend Jennifer (pictured below with her one of her sons Jacob) held seats for us so once we FINALLY got there we were able to get seated and stay slightly dry under our umbrellas!!
FUN times!! A HUGE thanks to my mom for riding with us!! I have no idea how I would have made it to the graduation without her. We took turns passing Emery off while holding umbrellas walking to the graduation. I think we had a mile or more walk. It was CRAZY but totally worth it because....
We got to see DADDY (aka Craig...aka my hubby) GRADUATE with his MASTERS of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION!!! We are SO SO PROUD of him!!!
We walked over to see the daddys!! Jacob held Emery's hand the whole way there and back. He just adores her!! So cute!! Oh and Jacob's daddy (aka Robert) also graduated with his MBA!! We are SO PROUD of Mr. Robert too!!!
About halfway into the graduation during the Bishops speech the clouds parted and the rain STOPPED!! Wahoo!! It was a complete blessing in more ways than one. First thing was I was ALL OUT of snacks!! The kids ate the first hour while sitting under the umbrellas. LOL Second thing though in all seriousness these kids and adults worked HARD to get to where they are at and I hate they had to sit in the pouring rain on this special day!! Def poor planning on some one's part :(
I think we played with EVERYTHING I brought along with everything Nana had in her purse. But at least the kids were good!!
Max was excited the rain stopped so he could get on my iphone! LOL
Craig and Robert were at the tail end of the list to walk!!
Jennifer and I snuck up to the front to get good pictures!! Below is Robert accepting his diploma!!
Craig was up next after the girl walking up....
And just as I snapped Craig receiving his diploma this nice gentleman blocked my view :( BOO!! At least I tried...
I did get a shot of his backside shaking hands....
And Mr. Robert!! Wahoo!! Go graduate!!!
And our sweet DADDY!!! So handsome and oh so smart!! I know I have said this a million times but we are SO PROUD of him!! He graduated with his MBA with a 4.0!!! Can I get a whoop whoop!!!
After they finished up walking the kids, Nana and I headed out!! It was starting to rain again and I wasn't sure I could walk holding Emery the entire way back...
so...we hopped on a little shuttle that was taking people back to the "far far away" parking lot!! Ha!!
Max LOVED it!! He was so excited he didn't have to have a carseat!! The things that excite you as a kid!!
Craig called me to find out if we were still at the school..sadly we weren't because we hadn't gotten family pictures while he was in his cap and gown and he had to turn them back in!! BOO! We had no idea that we paid $50 bucks just to rent them. TOTAL SADNESS!! So we attempted some family pics once he got home....
It is never EASY with two little ones...but these aren't half bad...I LOVE the one above of Emery she was so tickled about something!
We headed to Jim and Nicks for lunch to CELEBRATE!!!
Robert, his mom (Mrs. Bonnie) and his 3 kids (Jacob, Ella, and Ryan) joined us with my mom. My dad had to work unfortunately and Craig's dad wasn't feeling well so they left graduation and headed home. Robert's wife Jennifer had to head out of town right after graduation so we decided to join our families to make it a bigger celebration!!
Max felt so BIG sitting at the big kids table!!
Emery hamming it up for the camera!! I told the kids to SMILE for Daddy!!
Max was having such a good time I wasn't sure he would stop and take a picture for me....
Emery eventually ended up at the big kids table by request of Jacob. Jacob told me "Emery is the CUTEST thing I ever did see"....talk about MELT my heart!!
What a WONDERFUL day despite the rain!! It was such a blessing to watch Robert and Craig graduate and to be able to celebrate with them!! God is so GOOD!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment