Friday, July 23, 2010

We have a Double Stroller!!

We want to send a HUGE THANKS out to Grandma Helen and Grandpa Mickey for sending us this AWESOME double stroller! We got it yesterday in the mail and Max and I are already having a GREAT time with it!

Max wanted us to ride him all around the house in it along with his buddy "Memphis" a.k.a. the tiger! I thought that was too cute!

The only thing is the stroller is a 60/40 split so that one side is big enough for the carseat to go into....well....Max thinks that is HIS side! Uh oh! I see a little fight going on in the near future....

I showed Max how the tray tables pop up and down and he thought that was GREAT fun! I think we played around with the stroller for almost an hour or more!

I tried to get him to switch seats with Memphis but he kept saying "NO, this my seat" and "that Memphis seat"....yikes.... I told him that the stroller was for Max and baby sister Emery and he told me "NO, for Max and Memphis....ha! Like I said I think we may have some t-r-o-u-b-l-e in the near future!

Well, I got the carseat down today (yes, I know I am not suppose to be lifting anything...yada yada yada) and it fits in like a charm!

I have done quite a bit of research on the double strollers (seeing as how I have been on bedrest for 10 weeks now) and I could not find one that would fit my peg perego infant carseat except of course the peg perego aria twin stroller 60/40! UGH! I was a little disappointed at first because it doesn't have the BEST reviews. As far as safety it is TOP NOTCH....just didn't get good reviews on some of the quality issues but I think that is because it is a light weight double stroller! It only weighs 21lbs where most of the others are 40lbs! So needless to say the materials are more light weight and I guess don't hold up as good long term.

After playing with it and putting the infant car seat in though I LOVE IT! It moves very smooth and it actually fits through a normal doorway! It folds up very easy and is able to sit up on its own so you don't have to lay it down once you fold it up! Some other great features are all the materials come off and are washable (wahoo!), both seats lay completely down, a large storage basket, and I have a cup holder (who knew that could be so exciting! lol)!

I wasn't sure if it was going to match my carseat since it was made in 2008 and they don't make this actual carseat anymore. The stroller is a 2010 model but it matches perfect! Looks very stylish I must say! I never got a big stroller with Max, I only had the snap and go and an umbrella stroller so this stroller seems HUGE in comparison but I am sure I am going to get use to it rather quickly! Thanks again Grandma Helen and Grandpa Mickey! This was a GREAT and much needed baby gift!!! Can't wait to load up my two babies and try it out!!


2 comments:

Ashley & Stephen Bauch said...

LOVE that stroller! I wish that one had been around when I bought ours. I had a Zooper and really really didn't like it. Love the color too.

Candice Duffy said...

I concur. I borrowed a zooper and am SO GLAD that I didn't purchase one! They are crazy heavy and enormous! Plus they are like $500!!! I had a Peg Perego double stroller but got it pre 60/40 model which is why I had to borrow one this time around. You really can't go wrong with Peg Perego. You won't be dissappointed!