So this all started a WHILE ago...but I haven't pushed the issue much as I have a strong willed...defiant child who likes to do things in her own time....independently....etc....etc.....etc.....
I found out at school Emery was staying dry all day. She was using the potty to pee and poop and did it all on her own. The teachers said she doesn't even need to be told or asked she just goes all day by her self. WHAT?! I was baffled because Emery wasn't doing that at home. She would go potty sometimes if I asked her but mostly she would pee in her pull-up and come tell me. "Mommy, I pee peed on dora, That's a NO! NO!" Or just change her pull-up and throw away the dirty one! So...I decided to start a sticker chart. It went VERY SLOW in the beginning!!
Feb. 5th our FIRST row of stickers were COMPLETE!! (I think this took almost a week to get)
Emery earned some PINK fingernail polish. She LOVES having her toes and fingers "look pitty!" so this was suppose to be a BIG motivator for her but she took her time getting it ;) And the panties she has on those were only temporary as she kept having accidents....back to pull-ups we went.....
Feb. 11 Emery completed her 2nd row of stickers and got some blue Cinderella nail polish!! She was oh so EXCITED about this one and seriously decided to start peeing in the potty all the time!!
Feb. 12th Hence why the next day she completed her 3rd row of stickers!!!
So PROUD!!
And she got a CINDERELLA watch!! She has been wanting a watch like her bubba for some time now!! Happy GIRL!! and a Happy Momma!!
Feb. 24th Emery stayed DRY with NO ACCIDENTS ALL DAY!! She FINALLY got her Doctor baby!! She was PUMPED!! I actually bought this baby back in Jan when Emery told me she wanted it if she could go potty like a big girl. However, having it at home DID NOT motivate her at all! She would say "I pee peed in my pull-up...awwww...no doctor baby for me, maybe tomorrio" LOL
When we told her we were going to take it back however, it DID motivate her....
One HAPPY little girl!! We were SO PROUD of her!! We were all celebrating and acting a FOOL!!! Gotta LOVE having little kids!!
Even bubba was EXCITED Emery finally got her doctor baby!! They were so CUTE working on their babies together!!
Feb. 26th Emery decided she didn't want to wear pull-ups anymore. She woke up and told me she was a big girl and she wanted to wear panties like her friends Crawford and Maggie! Yay!!
Feb. 27th Day Two of NO ACCIDENTS and our FIRST POOP in the Potty!!! Whoop! Whoop!! Oh yes!! I told Emery when she pooped in the potty for the first time we were going for ice-cream!!
She decided to do it at church so by the time we got home and got bathes it was 8 p.m. when we went out for ice cream!! I was just planning on running up to Kroger and letting her pick out some Ice Cream but she said I want TCBY like Nana got us ;) So off to TCBY at 8pm on a night before school! Max told Emery he hoped she kept pooping in the potty so we could go for ice-cream everyday...ummmmm...nice try....
Totally WORTH it!! We were so PROUD of her!! And just had to make a BIG deal of it!!
Emery happily announced to the TCBY girl that she was getting ice cream because she poo-pooed in the potty!! LOL I LOVE this girl!!

No comments:
Post a Comment