We are trying out a new tradition this year....a REAL live Christmas tree!! Last year my pre-lit tree bit the dust so we knew we were going to have to either invest in a new one or go for a REAL one!!
I wanted to go to the farm and pick one out but we decided to go for one from Lowe's this year to see if we even like it! The kids were PUMPED about it!! Max thought going to get a tree meant Santa was coming very soon. Ha!
We found a great one right away!!
Not too shabby for a $40 dollar tree!!
The kids LOVED watching the Lowe's guy give it a fresh trimming!!
Max and Emery were BIG helpers getting the tree and the stand out to the truck! Emery tried really hard to carry the stand all by herself. "I do it, Mommy!"....after struggling a little... "Mommy, help" ;)
Daddy was pretty proud of using his "FORD" to bring home our tree ;)
The kids were so excited the entire way home. Max kept looking back and saying "I LOVE our Christmas tree!" and "I LOVE Christmas!" So so sweet! I can tell this year is going to be so much fun with the kiddos already!!
We picked out a Fraser Fir only because I liked the way it looked. I honestly had no idea how many different types of trees there were. LOL
Craig took it around to our backyard for safe keeping!
My dad had told us to wait about a week before putting it up so that it was sure to last through Christmas! Good thing he told us that because I would have been slightly upset come the week of Christmas and have a dead tree :(
Emery was quite PROUD of our tree too!!
The kids wanted to get out all the Christmas decorations but since I still had to put up our fall stuff, clean and go to work we settled on getting out all our Christmas books instead.
The kids spent a good hour reading to each other and looking through all the books while I put things away and cleaned!! I just LOVE that both of my kids love books so much!!
As for now we are VERY EXCITED about our new little tradition of picking out a tree. I will let you know after we put lights on it if I am still excited....LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment