We have definitely been staying busy this summer!! Last Monday was Max and Emery's FIRST time with a babysitter (well one that isn't family). I came home from work and Shelby (a daughter of one of my mom's friends) came over to let me sleep for a few hours. However, for whatever reason I couldn't sleep!? Ugh...good news is though kids had a GREAT time with her and Shelby had a GREAT time as well!! Yay!!
So in order to keep moving and stay awake we headed to Sonic after dinner to get a yummy treat!! And to try and make up (a little) for a zombie like mommy! No worries Daddy was with us and he drove ;)
This was Max's first time getting a ice cream cone. I think he may have eaten like 4-5 licks. He isn't much of an ice cream kid but Emery LOVED her ice cream cup!! No the less we had fun having out little treat!!
On Tuesday we tried out a little donut shop close to the house that we found. It was ok..which is good so I won't be going for donuts all the time!! Ha! The rest of the day was spent running errands and getting some much needed necessities! Oh..and we tried out the Bartlett Library...Max LOVED it but lets just say I am NOT taking Emery back for a LONG time...LOL
On Wednesday we went to the ZOO with our friends Candice, Stephanie and their wonderful kids!! We had a great time. Check out the Zoo with friends post!
Thursday was another low key day. We were going to go bowling but then decided against it when there were a TON of people there. We went back home and played on our neighbors swing set and trampoline and then while Emery was sleeping Max and I did some water balloons!! Good times!! Later that afternoon Craig picked up a hard plastic pool for the kids from Walmart on his way home from work!! Check out the Water FUN post!!
Then on Friday we had an early first play date/accountability group meeting out in Oakland at the McDonalds Playland. It was from 9-10. My friend Jennifer and two of her kids (Jacob and Ella) rode with us out there to meet our other friend Lisa and her son Conner! We had a great visit and the kids had a blast playing! Ella even took Emery up in the big tunnel area!! I have no idea why I didn't think to take pictures :(
After that we ran to Target to get a few things...mainly goggles for Max to start swim lessons on Monday!! Yay!! Then Nana wanted to meet for lunch and Max suckered us into Incredible Pizza.
Kids had fun playing but it was a little too crowded for me!! I like it better during the school year...
When Nana headed back to work we didn't stay much longer because I was a little stressed trying to keep up with them both in the crowd. Partly my fault because I should have brought the stroller in! Oh well...we had a great time then headed home for a little REST time!!
Friday night we were just being SILLY!!
Craig and I were "wearing" the tunnel and running around and chasing the kids. Oh and rolling around the floor in it! The kids thought it was hilarious!! At times Emery didn't like it when she couldn't see our face. She would bust out crying.
Max and Emery took turns getting in with me and us running around. Crazy FUN!!! The things you do with your kids ;)
On Saturday morning we tried out the making donuts off of pintrest. Well...they didn't make out so well so I won't post any of the other pictures. Basically, the oil was too hot and cooked the outside faster than the inside so they weren't done before the donuts were a very very golden brown. Ha!! I am NOT the best cook. We will try to do it again as Max was VERY disappointed. But I wasn't about to let him eat raw biscuits... In the morning I got the cleaning done and then we headed to my parents house to swim and have a picnic lunch! It was TONS of fun!!
On Sunday I got up early and we all headed to El Mezcal for dinner! Emery was tearing up the salsa!! Go girl!!
Then we headed to the Meet and Greet with Ms. Holly our swim teacher for next week!! It was from 5-7 on Sunday night and I wanted to meet her so we ate and did this before I had to go to work. Max of course was quickly drawn to the Bball hoop!! Ms. Holly and her crew were all so sweet!! I look forward to seeing what they do with Max next week!
Let's just say it...he left in tears. He DID NOT want to leave the bball hoop. But at least there is something there exciting for him for swim lessons!!

No comments:
Post a Comment