Monday, June 18, 2012

A HaPpY/CrAzY Thursday!!

This past Thursday I decided to be brave and try out the donut receipe again!! I did everything right this time around and we made some DELIGHTFUL donuts!!
Our toppings...dip in butter then in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar!!
Emery was a fan of the powdered sugar...
And Max and me were a fan of the cinnamon sugar!!
Max couldn't even wait to put it on his plate!! He had to try it out immediately! LOL He said it was so yummy and that we did a great job making them!! Max and Emery were big helpers!!
Emery DID NOT like all the sugar sticking to her hands!!
But it tasted good so she kept on eating ;)
Silly girl!!
We had some left over so we walked over and gave some to our neighbor friends Jennifer and Robert and there 3 kiddos!! They were very happy to take them off our hands!!
After our donut making we stayed around the house do a few odds and ends until it was time to head to swim lessons...well lets just say it wasn't a very good morning. The kids were having a "off" day if you want to call it that...Max was just being very trying and well while I was displining him Emery was trying to go potty all by herself...I walked into the bathroom where she had tried to dump her pee-pee (from the little potty) into the big potty and then she was trying to rinse it off in the big potty and pouring toilet water all over the floor!! Good times!! Oh what a mess I had to clean up!! So, when it was time to head out I was ready!! We dropped Max off at his lessons and then Emery and I headed over to the zoo again!!
We headed straight to the Once Upon a Farm and petting zoo!! Emery was all about the "chick-ends"!!
She didn't really want anything to do with petting any of the animals. She would walk up and say "hi horsey" and then "ewww yuck!"..."buh bye, horsey, buh bye" wave and walk onto the next one! LOL
Since I was walking around taking pictures with my i-phone Emery kept saying "mommy, cheese" so I stopped and we took a picture together! Emery loved seeing herself on the phone!! Love how she smiled so good!! Can't say it is my favorite picture of me as I could have used a little makeup and actually done something with my hair...ha!!
Our last few minutes Emery and I stopped and rocked on the porch before heading to get bubba!! Loved my sweet time with Emery this week even if it was only an hour a day!

Swim lessons were from 11:30 to 12:30 each day so by the time I picked Max up both kids were starving! We ran by Chickfila on the way home and the kids both got a new book. After lunch we had a little reading time and the crazy acting from the morning started up again :(
I ended up sending Max to his room to have some quiet time because he was just out of control. I went and put Emery down for nap and then when I peeked in to check on him I saw this...
Under all those pillows...was a TIRED little boy!!
And not much longer little miss was asleep!!! Oh how wonderful it was to have a few minutes of "me" time!! God knew exactly what I needed at that very moment! It is few and far between that my little ones nap at the same time now that Max rarely naps. It really was such a BLESSING and when they woke up from nap it was a much BETTER day!! The kids were in good moods and we enjoyed our time together hanging out as a family!!
Sometimes a little nap can make ALL the difference for little ones and their mommies ;)

No comments: