Friday, March 9, 2012

Flu...Flu...GO AWAY!

We got infected!! Ugh! So much for flu shots this year....sigh

I actually left work Sunday night (march 4th) because I started feeling achy and having fever. Got home and in the bed and when it was time to get up to take the kids to school there was NO way I could do it. I felt MISERABLE!! Craig ended up taking the babies to school and I went back to bed. I woke up a little before 2 and had 104.5 fever! I quickly called my mom to come to the rescue. There was no way I could drive and get the kids so she came and helped out! Thank GOD for Mommas!! She stayed with the kids while Craig came home and took me to the minor med. I of course tested POSITIVE for the flu...but not A or B flu...the "new" strain that has developed...yay for me!! LOL To prevent the kids from getting it I had to wear a mask and just stay in my room. No worries because I didn't feel like getting out of the bed anyways!
Sadly Monday night Max woke up and threw up all over his bed around 11pm. We checked his temp and it was 102.7. We weren't sure it was flu so Craig put him on the couch while his sheets were washing and just laid in the living room with him. Poor baby felt so bad too. We ended up at the Peds office on Tuesday...all of us...in masks so not to spread our lovely germs. Dr. Christian was off so we saw Dr. Dellinger. She quickly confirmed that Max also had the flu but he had Influenza A. Completely different than what I had so she started Max, Emery, and Craig on Tamiflu that morning. We ran into to Target and got everyone's Tamiflu along with a "prize" for Max having to go through all the testing. He picked out a Memphis Basketball Jersey and shorts! So stinking cute! I will have to post a pic of him in it asap!

We came home after that and both of us slept on and off all day. We were confined to my bedroom for a couple of days. Craig didn't go back to work until Thursday so that I had time to get rid of the fevers and feel a little capable of taking care of 2 kids....
Max best friend Noah dropped off a "GET WELL" package! So so sweet!! He even made Max a little Get Well Card with bandaids. So cute!
Max's favorite thing was the Memphis Tiger pillow pet!! Thanks Candice and Noah for thinking of Max!! You definitely put a little smile on his face!!

Max and I ended up staying confined to the room until Thurs morning. I still wore a mask around Emery because I didn't want to spread it to her. Luckily, Craig and Emery stayed flu free!! I ended up Clorox wiping and Lysoling (I don't even think that is a word, LOL) the ENTIRE house. It took me all day as I didn't have much energy and still felt crummy but like I said I didn't want this flu virus to get anyone else!!! Honestly, I am praying that we NEVER have to go through this virus again! So BLESSED to be finally feeling better about 2 weeks later....


No comments: