Friday, June 26, 2009

Our lil MAX is ONE!

I am a big ONE year old today!

I just can't believe how fast this year has gone by! Our sweet little baby boy has grown into a little one year old over night. I must say that this year has been an amazing one. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful first year of Max's life. We couldn't ask for anything more. He is such a blessing. I look forward to sharing many more birthdays with this little guy!


One year stats: Max is weighing in at about 22lbs and he measures about 31 inches!

He now wears a size 5 shoe.

Still in 6-12 month clothes in some brands and 18months in some brands.

Still wears a size 3 diaper.
Has 4 teeth on top and 2 on bottom and we are now working on 1st year molars! SO FUN! His poor lil mouth is so swollen inside! Poor baby!
Drinking only MILK! He has been doing this for a few days. Whole milk did not go over well, we are actually doing 2%milk. I think he would prefer breast milk but I can't pump forever! HA! (haven't pumped in a couple of days...drying your milk up is NOT the most fun thing I have ever done!!!)
Favorite foods: turkey hot dogs, cheese, goldfish, ritz, any kind of fruit, cookies, spaghetti, cake....he really likes EVERYTHING!
He walks everywhere now pretty good...only crawls occasionally. Just finally got him to walk with shoes on....silly boy would rather be barefoot like his mama!

He is saying: hot, ball, hot dog (sounds like ot og), mama, dada, up (when he wants to be picked up), out, dog (when he hears dog barking he says it), wa wa (we think is water?) he really tries to copy any word you say to him
He uses sign language for more and all done when eating. He will try and say more and all done but it isn't very clear what he is saying.

He is understanding so much now...like when we say you ready to eat he goes to his highchair, when he gets up from nap we tell him to drop his b and pacy and he does, when I tell him to come on he follows me...just truly amazing watching all the things he is learning!
He is understanding NO now...but you have to say it very stern and mean it. He actually gets upset and walks away from whatever he is doing. Hopefully he will keep listening!
He LOVES water! The bath tub, the pool, the ocean...anything with water. He actually puts his head under the water and blows bubbles! I think we have a little water baby!
Favorite toys: any kind of phone, push car, shape sorter, incrediblock, any kind of bottle, really his favorite toys are the things he isn't suppose to play with...ha ha!
I think I could go on and on about all the new things he is doing these days! He really does amaze me daily! So much fun to watch him growing up!

No comments: