Saturday, August 17, 2013

Max's FIRST week at ECS!!

Max's FIRST week of ECS!! I decided to have everything ready the night before since we would be getting up so early. Yes..I am a little TOO organized sometimes. LOL Max's sweet little lunch box from Pottery Barn Kids didn't make it here in time for first day. Hopefully it will come soon!
Made Max a cute little baseball bag tag to go on his ECS tote bag. Max really wanted a baseball backpack but in JK and SK they only get to take a tote bag so we had to add a touch of baseball to his tote bag instead! 
Max was SO EXCITED to get his FIRST day started!!
We ran through Daylight Doughnuts for breakfast...Max's request. We also grabbed some to share with our friends The Jones Family. Tracy so graciously agreed for me to drop Em off with her EARLY in the morning and take Em to school for me since I had to stay at Max's school for a PTF meeting. 
Sadly...I didn't gage my time well. The traffic was a little heavier than I expected and everything just took longer. So with that said we were LATE on his FIRST day! School starts at 8:20 and we busted up in there at 8:25. Oops!!
Had to grab one pic before we went into class! I didn't realize until I got home that the were still in the process of updating this wall because it was missing some baseboards. 
When we walked up to the room the class was already seated and ready to start their day. We slowly opened the door and were told "It's okay come on in!" We were def "those people" today! LOL Thank goodness for God's grace because we definitely needed it on our FIRST day!
Mrs. Clay told Max to go ahead and take some pics with us but instead he marched right up to the front of the class and sat on the rug with his classmates! I was impressed! Max is on the far left in the front when you are looking at pic. Seriously I thought he may be a little stand offish...but NOPE! He was ALL about it!! So so PROUD of him!!
We put all his things up and then stayed for a minute to pray with the kids and hear morning announcements. Then we grabbed a quick pic with Max even though he didn't really want too ;)

Grabbed a few pics standing outside the door of his class!

He went right to work coloring!!
I headed to the PTF meeting and as I was about to leave Max's class came in for P.E.
Loved getting to watch them play for a minute. I was standing in the back hiding behind some signs so Max never saw me. He was having a BLAST playing some pac-man game the new P.E. coach came up with! So CUTE!!

As I was walking out I grabbed a few pics of the decorations. As you walk in the building you will find the Mission and the Bible Verse of the year. 
Love this new sign they have front and center when you walk in! 
A small little gift for Max's teachers. Just wanted them to know they can call me for anything! Gotta love Pinterest for the idea and the free printable!! 

I got a sweet little gift from Max's teachers as well! Love Love this sweet little hankie and poem! However, I didn't really get emotional. I think only because Max LOVES school so much and he has been looking forward to this day all summer. However, it also helps he is only going 3 days a week for this year. He will be going Tue, Wed, and Thur so I still get lots of time with my little guy!

Other little surprises in the bag. So sweet and thoughtful! 
When I picked Max up from his first day he said he LOVED it!! I asked him to tell me about his day and he quickly said "What?! I can't remember EVERYTHING I did!" LOL So, I just started asking questions. I asked him what was his FAVORITE thing of the day and he said "Lunch!" Huh!? Seriously lunchtime was your favorite?! He said "Yes! and pac man game during P.E. and playing outside on the playground oh and snack time. Too funny!! He couldn't tell me anything else they did really but he said he was excited to go back tomorrow! So I guess that is all that matters.....right?! Later he remembered he liked Music too. He said he liked that his music teacher let him play with ALL the instruments in the room and they had ALOT of them!!
Max's communication folder that goes back and forth each night. The daily behavior report is in the front pocket and has to be signed each night. The other pocket is things to come home and then on the back of that pocket....
is things to go back to school. We can send in little notes if we need the teacher to know anything since we don't get to drop off at the door and talk face to face. Not sure I am ready for this car drop off thing in the morning just yet....
Max's sweet little things from his FIRST day!! I have to say he did a GREAT job coloring!! He isn't much into coloring these days so that may just be the MOST he has ever colored a picture. The brown hand print is called a Kissing Hand. They read the book The Kissing Hand and did this little activity to go along with it.
On Wednesday we had a much better start time! We got up at 7am and were out the door by 7:30. Kids ate breakfast on the way to school and we arrived about 8! Em refused to get her hair done so she was walking around with a rats nest most of the morning! I just had to pick my battles and that was one I wasn't willing to pick. Who cares if an almost three yr old is walking around with crazy hair ;)
Had to grab a few more pics since we were a little rushed on the first day. Sadly we didn't have Daddy with us. A sweet teacher walked by and asked to take all of our picture. I said no but she insisted. She said I hate having my pictures too but I make myself take some so the kids can look back and see I was there. She had a point ;)
We got to do the normal before school activities today since we missed out yesterday. Mrs. Clay showed Max where to put all of his things.
Max picked up on it quick!

Then I made him sit and smile at his seat just because....
One last quick pic of him playing with Cooper before Em and I headed out! They like for the kids to be there around 8:05 so that they get a little free play before their day starts at 8:20. 
Max's sweet little class!!
When I picked Max up Wed afternoon we did carpool for the first time. Max jumped in the van and screamed "Mommy, Mommy! I was SO GOOD today I jumped off the bottom of the chart and onto the teacher's shirt!!" I quickly asked What?! The bottom of the chart that's not good. What do you mean you jumped off the bottom. He said "No Mom, I was really really really GOOD! I was the one of the BEST kids today!" So we quickly figured out that he jumped off the TOP of the chart. His clip was on the Outstanding block and jumped onto the teacher's shirt. Hence why Mrs. Clay said "Great Day!" Max was so PROUD of himself as were Craig and I!! Max went to bed that night praying that he was so GOOD tomorrow that he could jump on the teacher's shirt again! LOL
Thursday morning was a little rougher start. Max didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't bombard him with the camera since we were moving slow. We did still get out the door by 7:30 and actually got to school a few minutes before 8 which was a plus! I took him in and told Mrs. Clay about Max being so EXCITED about his clip jumping off the chart on her shirt. She got a kick out of it. She seems like a really AMAZING fun teacher with the kids. Max just LOVES her already! Thurs was another great day! Max got in the van that day sad he didn't jump on the teacher's shirt but she was quick to tell me he still was outstanding! So so PROUD of Max for being such a good boy ALL week his FIRST week! I asked Max if he liked Spanish today and he was quick to say "Hola! that's Hi in Spanish, Mom" Love it!! Our FIRST week at ECS was a success!! A few things Max came home with on Thur....
Guess they are mostly working on the basics this week. Cutting and how to use a small amount of glue! All in all an AMAZING first week. Things that Max talked about a lot...his new friends, being so good his clip jumped on his teacher's shirt, pac man game in P.E., music class, Spanish class, and computer class. He loved all the SPECIAL classes he got to go too! But he was very glad Friday he didn't have to go even though he loves it so much ;) So BLESSED to know Max LOVES his new school! 

No comments: