June 26th was the BIG DAY!! Max turned FIVE years old!! It was a Wednesday so Daddy was at work but we made the most of our day together!! I got up early so I would be awake when Max starting stirring. I just LOVE birthdays and making them special!!
Max woke up and came out of his room. I quickly ran to him and started singing Happy Birthday!! He was so pumped! He LOVED all his decorations!!
He really loved all the balloons in his room!!
I wrote all over the mirror in the bathroom with a dry erase marker! Max thought that was so cool! He said Mommy take a picture with me. He also kept telling me Thank you for all his little fun surprises! Such a sweetie!!
Max wanted to make his own cupcakes for his party guests! So we got started first thing that morning!
Emery slept a little late so Max and I had some one on one time which was pretty fun!!
It wasn't long after we started the cupcakes that Em woke up! She wanted to pretend wake up Max and sing to him. So we went back in his room and sang Happy Birthday with the Little People birthday cake. That has kind of become a little tradition each birthday with the kids.
Daddy got doughnuts for the BIRTHDAY BOY!! He got up early and brought them back home before heading to work. He took orders from the kids the night before so Max was all ready for his STRAWBERRY doughnut!!
We stuck a number 5 candle in it and sang Happy Birthday!!
Yummy! Yummy!!
We finished up the cupcakes and then we went to a Pool Playdate with some of our friends!!
Max, Cooper, and Hudson had a blast playing torpedo games together!
We had a little lunch and then....
We enjoyed some COOKIE CAKE with our friends!! Everyone sang to him there too!
While we were waiting on a knife to cut the cookie the kids started digging into the icing! LOL
Pretty funny! I could have said stop but I decided WHY NOT?! Let the kids be kids and ENJOY this moment. Who cares if it isn't exactly sanitary. (There was another cookie cake there that the adults enjoyed)
Love Coop and Max licking their lips here!! It really was a YUMMY cookie cake!! Thanks to Sams for a rather inexpensive double decker cookie filled with icing!!
We stayed at the pool playdate for a few hours. The kids had a BLAST!! A big thanks to Jessica for hosting it!! It really was TONS of fun!! And we just lucked up that it fell on Max's bday! I didn't get pics because I was in the deep end of the pool helping but Max jumped off the diving board numerous times with no swim vest! I was so PROUD of him! He is becoming quite the little swimmer! Emery even jumped off the diving board (with her puddle jumper) and LOVED it!! Such a FUN FUN day!!
We came home for a little R and R and I got to work icing the cupcakes. Threw on a little sprinkles and they were all ready for the bday party!! Next up on the blog is Max's bday party!! Oh and LOTS more post coming your way...I am so so so so so BEHIND!!

No comments:
Post a Comment